Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GuloxSynovia, 2nd of Abadarus, way back to Sandpoint.

The climb down the mountain side goes quickly, the snow storm long since dissipated. Gulo finds himself next to Synovia, doing his best to bear the pain the undead find inflicted "May I ask you a question Synovia?"
Pulled from her own thoughts she looks at Gulo " I can't gaurantee an answer, but you can ask."
"It occurs to me that I do not know how long a human lives. I have seen your old, withered and broken, but I until I came to sandpoint they we're a fortunate rairity, so it never occured to me to ask how long it takes for a human to reach such a state."
Synovia smiles "Well, most 70-80 years however the leader of the Wanderers was 100 when she died."
a look of suprise covers Gulo's face "By Moloch I never would have-I always figured humans lived only slightly longer then my people."
"Well to be fair, Fighters, Soldiers, and such most like have a life expectancy closer to yours"
"I think not, a majority of hobgoblin warriors die before their 20th year, as I understand it that is when most human start their military service."
"Wow, that is young, but it explains a lot."
"Indeed, I am exceptionally old for a warrior, few Hobgoblins live to be 28."

Edited 1463747352
Synovia smiles, after a few moments of comfortable silence she says "Hvae you ever wondered how different your life would be if Hobs didn't live their lives for nothing but war? I mean, the Goblins are also a very war like race but look at the Sandpoint Gobs they are changing. All it took was one Goblin to say "This isn't right" to begin change."
"For a select few I imagine such a life would be paradise, and they are welcome to that life. But for the rest of us, we are made for nothing ells, we are built for war and proud of it, making me into a man of peace would be a mad as making a fish breath air, and even if I wanted to change I don't enouch time to change." Gulo sighs, brushing the snow off his boots "But do not let me dissuade you, if you wish to go the savage races and offer peace, take those who will follow, both them and their people will be better off for it."
She looks ahead at Miro's back, "I must admit there are times that I envy you and your people Gulo."

Edited 1463748709
Dylan
Plus
Gulo raises his brow "Really, how so? I thought you and Miro found my people's way the antheisis to all you hold dear, not in those words but in tone."
Still looking at Miro, "The way you are raised, without the attachments we have, you can't be stabbed in the heart by those you care about."
Gulo is silent for a long moment, his face stony, then lets loose a thunderous laugh that threatens to bring an avalanche down, he turns his head to Synovia only to burst into another storm of laughter, by the end of it he is leaning on her for support "von Gott, ich glaube, ich sterbe!" he looks back to her, wiping the tears from his eyes "You and your brother have one thing in common, you can both make laugh and few can do that."
"I am glad to make you laugh, but I am totally serious. "
Returning to his stony expression, he looks back to Synovia "I know, and that is why I laughed, everything about hobgoblins revolves around stabbing trusted allies in the back. My general Arivistious became general after the old general Stilichio made an error in a losing battle and Ariovistious knocked him off his horse and he got trampled to death. I got chosen for Jager training after I bashed another hob's head with a rock when I was two, and when my fellow Jager saw weakness in me they, people I had worked with, laughed with and fought with attempted to kill me to make sure I didn't make the unit look bad. It is actually one of the things I do not mind about human culture, I don't have to worry as much about something attempting to kill me to better their position, the worst you humans do is yell at each other and throw a few punches occasionally."

Edited 1463781700
"That's just it Gulo. The physical shit is fine, it is when those you trust use that trust as a weapon against you that is harder to get over." After a few moments, She sighs and almost shouts " By the Gods,  I am not used to this brutality, and evil. I was not raised to deal with war like you. I needed an outlet, someone that I could share my doubts and fears with." she turns from Gulo with tears shimmering in her eyes and back to Miro and whispers "He destroyed that, what do I do now?" And walks toward the forest.
Gulo just looks at her, speaking a matter a factly "What would say we are doing right now Synovia?"
"Sharing my weakness and possibly loosing the respect of a seasoned warrior." continues walking toward forest.
"No, you talking with a hob who will barely live long enough to see your offspring learn to speak, if you cannot talk to Miro talk with me, we cannot afford to have you distracted in the heat of battle, you are not a hob and I do not expect you to act like one, you are Kireg Stamm."

Edited 1463783142
Synovia turns and look at Gulo with a half smile "Did you just curse me in Hob?"
"No if I wanted to curse you I would call you an elf, Krieg Stamm is a hob way of saying to an outsider "I love you as I love my fellow hobs." It is not the human kind of love so no need to worry your mate." said with not a hint of sarcasm.
Synovia laughs " Thanks Gulo and I am sure Imahnee would be relieved. You might regret the offer, I may take you up on it." She continues walking with Gulo.