Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Audio chat is just not cooperating. Help appreciated!

OK, so a buddy of mine is starting a new game and we're all trying to get voice (but not video) working. 3 of the four have success...I am the odd man out. &nbsp;I can hear people fine, either via PC speakers or headset. But I cannot transmit my voice. &nbsp;Here's what I have tried in no particular order: 1. checked version of Chrome. It is latest and greatest 2.&nbsp;enabled microphone in Chrome 3. cleared cache and browsing data from the beginning of time 4. restarted computer 5. ran Tokbox diagnostic. Checks out ok 6. Ran speedtest. Well above minimum requirements for upload and download 7. disabled all add-ons in Chrome 8. added&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/</a> to my antivirus and Windows firewall whitelist. 9. set Roll20 video and voice settings to "broadcast to others voice only" and "receive from others voice only" Still no love. &nbsp;I know my headset (Insignia NS-CAHBTEB01) and Bluetooth receiver (Insignia NS-PCY5BMA2) are both working because if I pull up Pandora, for example, I can jam out with my headset on fine. But I cannot manage to get the other players to hear me on Roll20. &nbsp;Advice, she is appreciated.
1463896028
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This may be a stupid question, but have you checked to make sure your headset is your computer's default communication device? This seems to often be my problem. My comp just won't remember what I had it set to.
1463918797
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There is two things you haven't mentioned or supplied. Have you tried using Firefox? We usually recommend checking to see if the official alternative browser works. Step 9.4: Provide a bug report Please ensure that the Console Log is complete.
1464021146
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The most recent version of Chrome (v50) created a bunch of bugs with WebRTC, the tech we use to for voice chat/video. The issue you are having is one of them. The next patch, that fixes this, won't be out for another couple of weeks. You have 2 options in the mean time though. You can either switch to Firefox or you can switch your Chrome to use the beta. Both of these options should fix your issue.