Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] -- Roleplayer looking to get into 5E -- EDT (UCT -0400) Evenings

Hey guys! I'm lookin' for a roleplay oriented game. That isn't to say I'm expecting everyone to speak in character all the bloody time, just that story is a major emphasis in the game. This would actually be my first 5E campaign -- I am very experienced in 3.5 and Pathfinder, but I heard that 5E puts more of an emphasis on story, roleplay, and exploration as opposed to combat and I think that's something that I'm looking for now. That isn't to say I'm opposed to combat entirely -- I just think that a lot of the games I've been in the past held combat over story and character interaction ... You know what I mean. The whole "Murder Hobo" mentality where the solution to every encounter is violence just seems a bit far-fetched sometimes. I think there are fights that shouldn't be won sometimes and -should- be avoided (until such a time that it is both profitable AND advantageous to fight... Or you just convince them to fight for you! So many options that don't involve your characters bringing on the pain!) Anywho -- I'm nominally familiar with 5E rules based on the differences between 5E, 3.5, and Pathfinder (such as that there are saves associated with all the stats as opposed to just CON, DEX, and WIS) but I'm a quick study so I'm confident that I can adapt fairly quickly. I'm available during the evenings Eastern Time, but would like to have the session end before midnight as I have to wake up for work in the morning. If you're looking for a player who's easy going, has tons of experience in storycrafting and writing, and who can make a pretty damn decent backstory and can play it out to keep the character's actions consistent with his/her motivations and personality... I'm your guy. Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Bump!
Bump again!
We are playing the starter set on Thursday evenings. You are welcome to join.
Hey, Okieone! Thanks for the invitation -- I've not yet played the starter set, so I think I'll be interested. I'll send you a PM as well to ask for more information.