Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder 5.0 update help and other questions

Edited 1464219681
Ok so a new update has been rolled out for pathfinder sheets, I'm a player, and it says that I have to update my macros for my spell list and then delete Spells with Old ID's. But I have no idea what I am meant to update, I've always just used the default ones set on the sheet. I did look all over the sheet and I saw a section that had " Update spell Macros " in the header and a lot of text in '{ }' but i don't know what I am meant to do with it, do I copy and paste the entire thing? Do I just copy parts of it? I'm also not sure if I have to re-create the spells in the lists to update or change the code itself. Then there's on the config side it shows the list of my spells again but only a few have "Old ID" field filled in and the rest are blank. I want to be exactly sure before I do anything just in case I lose all my spells or break the sheet. Other than that I do have one or two questions regarding macros and other stuff. 1. How can I add extra attacks/effects to a macro? Like If I want to hit something with my greatsword and use power attack and Vital strike how do i get the attack to roll those as well? 2. The skill point work out seems to be wrong as it is working out a lot less points than I actually should have. For example it says the max skill ranks I can have is 55, when in actuality I should have 91. I went over it with my DM and he gave me that number as the definite amount I should have so I don't know if there's anything I can do there or if something else needs to be done to get it to work. 3. The pathfinder games seems to be very...laggy. Almost every 5-10 minutes roll20 and the Character sheet freeze for a long time, 3 minutes or so, before finally continuing. But it happens almost EVERY time. And it's not just me, every other player in the game experiences it, even the DM. And yet what is weird is that NONE of the other games I am, or have been in, suffer from this. Not Stars without Numbers, Shadowrun, Star Wars D6 or New world of darkness. It seems to only be Pathfinder games. Is this a common thing? Do others experience this? We've had this issue ever since we started the game. As of right now I think that's everything I can think to ask, I believe I had a few more but I can't remember them right now. I'll post when they or something else comes up. Thanks to any and all that are able to help with these questions. Let me know if I have put this into the wrong thread or place for this sort of thing and I'll try to move it to the proper place.

Edited 1464217516
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I don't know about the new sheet version, but I have seen that there should be a new version coming to fix several issues with it tonight. So I'd suggest waiting till then to make any changes, unless your game is tonight. 1. How can I add extra attacks/effects to a macro? Like If I want to hit something with my greatsword and use power attack and Vital strike how do i get the attack to roll those as well? If you mean something like having Power Attack's + to damage and - to hit, you could simply make another attack with these bonuses in the ATK mods and DMG mods fields. There are also some fancy ways to use ?{prompt|value/dropdown} roll queries to do this in the actual macro text for each attack. Something like: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]]]] + [[[[ @{total-attack} ]] ]] -[[?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 2| None, }/2]] }} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]] + [[?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 2|None, }]] }}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} Would give you a prompt on whether to apply power attack or not, and if you decided to use it would give you an output like this (This is just a random attack on one of my player's characters that I messed with for this): If you wanted it to all be in one dice roll total, just play around with where the [[]] start and end. I personally require my players to have the actual roll as a separate number so that it's easier to see when things like a nat 1 or 20 occur without having to mouse over the result (especially when it's the party's swashbuckler who currently has a crit range of 15-20). You could either put all possible modifications into one query (if you were sure you wouldn't need more than one at any one time), or you could make a separate roll query for power attack, vital strike, what have you. Just put them in the appropriate place in the macro text. There is also the option of the  Ability Command Buttons , Which I like to use for things that might be triggered on an attack like our party's magus' spellstrike or the technological glitches that we have for Iron Gods. 2. The skill point work out seems to be wrong as it is working out a lot less points than I actually should have. For example it says the max skill ranks I can have is 55, when in actuality I should have 91. I went over it with my DM and he gave me that number as the definite amount I should have so I don't know if there's anything I can do there or if something else needs to be done to get it to work. Are you perhaps getting bonus skill points from Favored Class bonuses/racial bonuses? If you haven't entered these in the proper places (FC column under classes, and the misc bonus skill points under skills respectively) they won't be tallied correctly. And, related, do you have the correct skills/level entered in for each of your classes? 3. The pathfinder games seems to be very...laggy. Almost every 5-10 minutes roll20 and the Character sheet freeze for a long time, 3 minutes or so, before finally continuing. But it happens almost EVERY time. And it's not just me, every other player in the game experiences it, even the DM. And yet what is weird is that NONE of the other games I am, or have been in, suffer from this. Not Stars without Numbers, Shadowrun, Star Wars D6 or New world of darkness. It seems to only be Pathfinder games. Is this a common thing? Do others experience this? We've had this issue ever since we started the game. Not sure what to say about this one, other than that I don't run into it with my pathfinder game that has been going on for the last year or so. I don't think it's because of the sheet alone. Hope some of this helps, Scott

Edited 1464265869
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For #1: an update to .51 went in a few hours ago, your macros SHOULD work without updating now, i hope. ON the config page are the spells as they were in your sheet 4 days ago.  On the spells page is a copy of all of those spells into our new format.  The new spells have different ID numbers than the old spells. So if you use macros, before deleting the old spells, you need to update your macros to use the new IDs. If you copy your macro first, replace the id numbers in %{character|repeating_lvl-0-spells_-KF8feiFF_roll}  ) with the new id number and new repeating section name:  %{character|repeating_spells_newid_roll} where newid is the ID corresponding to the old id in that big list in the middle of the config page.  (except if the new Ids are all lower case then you need to get the correct mixed case id number from html or by dragging the new spell to the macro bar) if you use the $0, $1, $2 syntax, i'm afraid you'll have to just figure out which one corresponds to which spell. this can best be done on the "All" spells tab (to show all spell levels at once) .  For #2: Try adding a number in the "misc" skill and then changing it back to 0, to force it to recalc skills. Secondly, I assume this is true but verify that you are not using "consolidated" skills. If you are, the sheet divides class skill points by 2 for consolidated. You can see on the config page "unchained" won't be checked, and the traditional skills show up not the small consolidated list. If that doesn't help, can you make screenshots of: 1.conditions and buffs area above the tabs 2.ability grid on core page 3.class grid on class page 4.top of skill page then we can add it up and see. The skill count has not changed in a long time, and each time someone posts it doesn't add up it's been some weird number filled in on their sheet causing the issue. For #3: i have not seen this. When I GM my campaign does start to lag and eventually I just hit refresh then it's fine for another hour. But my players do not ever see any lag only me. But I've never seen complete freezing that affects everyone in the game.
Ok thanks guys for the help, really appreciate it. So for macros from what I can see from the replies this macro update is only for custom macros? So if I just use the sheet to roll the spells I don't need to update them? As I looked on the sheet it seems like "%{character|repeating_lvl-0-spells_-KF8feiFF_roll}" is not in the macro text on the spell list. So I'm assuming that it's for custom macros, is that right? As for the skills I tried the changing the misc skills but it didn't work, so I'll add the screenshots here. Conditions & buff Ability Score Class grid Top of skill page As for the final thing about power attacks i will add it after the next game, which i am having now. i will update once done.

Edited 1464271686
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks for the screenshots.  1. yes the spell buttons on the sheet work fine.  we fixed some macro issues, there are still a few bugs we found in spell #s adding up which should be fixed early next week. 2. skills: Your total skills should be 58: for each class, level * (int bonus plus skills/lvl), so : 11* (2+1) +     1* (4+1)  + 5*(2+1)  + 5 (fc)  =   (class1) 33 + (class2) 5 + (class3) 15 + (fc) 5 = 58 with the extra 19 on the top of the skills page it would be 77 That is correct according to what you have filled out. Where are you getting 91 from? Though I also notice the skills/lvl total on the class grid is way off and should be 53.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, you're the sheet author, so you know best, but shouldn't the skills/lvl total be 36 as it is shown. Class 1: 11*2 | Class 2:1*4 | Class 3: 5*2 | Total: (Class1)22 + (Class2)4 = 26 +(Class3)10 = 36? Or is the skills/level field supposed to show class skill points + Int bonus and only leave the FC Skills out?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oops you are correct . 

Edited 1464277969
Ok so I had to change the level at the top, I'm only a level 5 fighter. So it's 5 Fighter, 1 Bloodrager and 5 Dragon Disciple. Overall my level is 11. Sorry about that. I am also in the game rn so I still can't give too much info just yet.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i'll make the level at the very top be the total level, not the first class level, and make it uneditable. I thought it would help but I see how it could cause confusion for multiclassed characters If  he is 5 then actually your skills should be even lower: 11 (int)+ 10 (fighter) + 4 (bloodrager) + 10 (dragon disciple) + 5 (favored class) = 45.
Ok I added that power attack and it worked nicely :D I tweaked it so the rolls would combine but I can't seem to get the "-1" and "+2" to add but that's not super important. Thanks for the help on that Scott. As for the skill points i forgot to say I also have the "Skilled" trait that gives me an additional skill rank each level. So overall I would have a + 11 (12 now as I leveled up last session, upped DD which is now 6. Overall level 12. So to recheck it now it's: 12 (int) + 10 (Fighter) + 4 (Bloodrager) + 12 (Dragon Disciple) + 5 (Favoured class) + 12 (Skilled) = 55 skills points ^increased to 12 cuz of level up I'm assuming I actually forgot to add in my FC bonus all the other times. But still it is so weird that this works out to 55 points when my DM used hero lab to work out 91 points. Maybe it was an error of the file he sent me, maybe it went weird for it to show more than that. Sorry I completely forgot i had skilled cuz I'm a human. That would've been a good thing to know before hand.

Edited 1464361663
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Majorshepard said: Ok I added that power attack and it worked nicely :D I tweaked it so the rolls would combine but I can't seem to get the "-1" and "+2" to add but that's not super important. Thanks for the help on that Scott. do you mean that the -1(or whatever it is for your level) to attack and +2  aren't calculating correctly? Your math looks right. It sounds like he's got something extra selected in hero lab (I use it for my games as well, and it's really easy to do this). I don't have my computer with Hero Lab on it atm (at work), but I'll feed your stats into mine when I get home and see what it spits out.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hmm there is no good place to add skilled. i guess in the "Extra ranks" section at the top of the skills page, in the "Skill Misc" you can add this and it will stay up to date by adding 1 per character level: @{level}

Edited 1464364908
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, that's what I've had my players do when they have human characters. Chris, Since you're following this thread, and this is somewhat related. It would be a nice add-on to the character sheet if you could set feats/traits so that they give bonuses (maybe through an interface similar to the new buffs section). This would be a nice way to fix several of the pieces of the sheet that cause funkiness.

Edited 1464367572
Ok neat it added in the extra 12 now, cheers for the @{level} tip :D. Really appreciate the help Chris. As for Power attacks scott -1 for Attack and +2 for Dmg are seperate from the main rolls, so it would show the total roll and then put - 1 at the end or +2 for dmg. It isn't a big deal tho and is probably preferable so my DM can see that I have applied a power attack to it. Also I think i may have worked it out wrong as the -1 to attack has stayed the same but my damage has gone up to +9. I also use a greatsword which I believe gives a +50% bonus. So if anyone knows how that properly adds up that would be very much appreciated. My BAB is 10 atm ( 5 fighter, 1 BD, 4 DD) so I think it should be -3 attack and + 6 Damage. And adding 50% to the dmg makes it +9 right? If so how do I change the macro to account for that? I've already sort of done the dmg to a +9 by just putting a +7 at the end of the macro for the dmg section: [[?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 2|None, }+7]]}}} Is that right or is there a better way?

Edited 1464410854
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Majorshepard said: If so how do I change the macro to account for that? I've already sort of done the dmg to a +9 by just putting a +7 at the end of the macro for the dmg section: [[?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 2|None, }+7]]}}} Is that right or is there a better way? Ah, that's why your attack macro isn't updating correctly. Everything should be in the roll query like this (I think 2h gives 1.5 the bonus): [[floor(?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 9|None, }*1.5)]] Remember all the queries have to be the same if you want to only have one input, so the query in the attack section should read: [[floor(?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 9|None, }/2)]] Just keep the number in the query updated. You could maybe even replace it with mathemagics like: 1+(floor(@{bab}/4) Although, that may not actually work as queries and attribute calls can sometimes not play well together, but it might be worth a try. EDITED: To correct issues from the original post being written on phone EDITED 2: Yep, the @{bab} trick does play nice with the roll query, but now that I was actually able to test it, realized I had to make a change: For the character Jonos Bracken in my campaign, the macro looks like this: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{crit-target} ]]]] + [[[[ @{total-attack} ]] ]] - Power Attack[[floor((?{Attack Mods|Power Attack, 2+(@{bab}/4)*2|None, 0})/2)]] }} {{damage=[[ @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]] ]] + Power Attack[[floor((?{Attack Mods})*1.5)]] }} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{damage-dice-num} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{damage-die} + [[ (@{total-damage} * (@{crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{notes}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} and gives this as output (he's only 5th level, so only gets -2 to attack and +4 (6 with 2h): The "none" option has to have a '0' associated with it otherwise the macro doesn't trigger on the none option being selected. The roll query needs to be in parentheses so that any math done on the result of the roll query is done on the actual result of the roll query and not the expression contained within. Edited 2343CST: To reflect that you don't need to repeat the whole roll query each time, just the prompt.
Ok thanks a ton Scott that new macro worked, I managed to tweak it again so it shows the total roll but the with '-' to attack and '+' to damage separate. Thanks a lot for the help guys i really appreciate it :D. If I have any more question or issues I will come back to ask :D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, you should probably put a "floor" around the bab/4 so that it always returns a rounded down whole number.
Hopefully I am okay adding to this thread.  I had issues with the character sheet today during a game.  The sheet stopped responding, couldn't click any of the tabs, closing it and reopening didn't seem to fix it.  it may of been lagged because it did eventually respond again, but when I needed to use it again it wasn't working.  Another player mentioned the same issue. Another issue we had was when we clicked the dice icon for the ability score. It would throw an error stating there was no value. I tried recalcing, changing the value of the ability score.  Neither thing worked.  I am using Firefox. One of my players was in Firefox, it wasn't working so he switched to chrome and got his to roll. And a different player was already using chrome but wasn't able to roll thier ability score dice. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry your having issues with the sheet H20.  Are you still experiencing the same lock-ups?  Is this something that has just started happening?  Maybe coinciding with a browser update or our latest update to the sheet (v51)? I would recommend posting this in the Bug Reports and Issues forum and try the steps given in the wiki for troubleshooting  Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Step 3: Clear your cache Step 4: Provide a bug report
first off, let me start by saying that i love the new format to the CS. love that the features, feats, and traits are all in the same place & that the demographics are in the core. :) That being said, I have a couple of minor issues. first, the class at the top of the sheet only shows the first class and its level. I'd suggest leaving the class box one in which we can type our own classes in, for those of us who multi-class. Also, the level should be linked to the total lvl box. Second, I'm not sure if it's my comp or a CS issue, I'd like to be able to use the lined, rearrange button that appears when we select the Modify button. I seem to only be able to use it for Attributes section under the Attributes & Abilities tab. Every other place, like spells, traits, feats, & class features, does work, for me at least.  Thanks for all you do. :D

Edited 1464590616
Also, the range for spells is on 2 lines. i'd like it on 1, please. Instead of: Range: 880    (Long) Prefer it like this: Range:  880 (Long) Thnx
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Eric said: first off, let me start by saying that i love the new format to the CS. love that the features, feats, and traits are all in the same place & that the demographics are in the core. :) That being said, I have a couple of minor issues. first, the class at the top of the sheet only shows the first class and its level. I'd suggest leaving the class box one in which we can type our own classes in, for those of us who multi-class. Also, the level should be linked to the total lvl box. Second, I'm not sure if it's my comp or a CS issue, I'd like to be able to use the lined, rearrange button that appears when we select the Modify button. I seem to only be able to use it for Attributes section under the Attributes & Abilities tab. Every other place, like spells, traits, feats, & class features, does work, for me at least.&nbsp; Thanks for all you do. :D Best to post suggestions in the PF thread ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/</a> ) so we have a better chance of seeing your suggestions or issues. Class name: I see your point for multi class sheets. I think we might be able to create a new attribute, say @{character_class} that has the default value of @{class-0-name} for backward comparability. &nbsp;I'll see about working that in. On the beta we have changed the level to the total levels ( @{level} ) - Should be included with the next update. You shouldn't have any issues with rearranging repeating rows using "Modify", at least I haven't heard of any issues... I suggest not using the consolidated 2-column view when rearranging. &nbsp;It becomes a little finicky imo. &nbsp;What browser and happens when you try to rearrange and click "Done" when finished?&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
it froze up on us last night, but I thought it was because i updated the sheet after everyone logged in (we are on custom, i was using my players as test subjects). Esp. since once they refreshed the problems went away. H2O most of the other issues are fixed in beta. The one issue about using ability checks should be fixed in prod though.. if you could post in the other thread with a screenshot or text of the exact error we could help more.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Eric said: Also, the range for spells is on 2 lines. i'd like it on 1, please. Instead of: Range: 880 &nbsp; &nbsp;(Long) Prefer it like this: Range: &nbsp;880 (Long) Thnx I think i made it 2 because if you drag from the compendium the range text will say "Long (400ft + 25/ft per level)" or something I was thinking of erasing the rest when I parse it ... maybe i will do that, then it will look cleaner and fit on the same line.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, are we getting pathfinder compendium drag and drop? Please tell me that is what this means!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We've had it. &nbsp;;-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You hit "add" on the spells and then drag it over like this: (this image is the DnD 5e sheet but it behaves thesame, highlighting it in yellow). Then if it can't figure out the class and spell level you have to set it yourself.&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/T0I13ZH.gif" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/T0I13ZH.gif</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Oh, cool, I thought the pathfinder compendium still wasn't up and running for drag and drop.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Oh, cool, I thought the pathfinder compendium still wasn't up and running for drag and drop. It DOES need help. &nbsp;I believe the Devs are waiting till after the con to move forward...
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, gotcha, I had volunteered to help with keeping it up to date, but hadn't heard anything about it going live in any form; probably because they're waiting as you said.

Edited 1464657652
Vince said: Eric said: first off, let me start by saying that i love the new format to the CS. love that the features, feats, and traits are all in the same place & that the demographics are in the core. :) That being said, I have a couple of minor issues. first, the class at the top of the sheet only shows the first class and its level. I'd suggest leaving the class box one in which we can type our own classes in, for those of us who multi-class. Also, the level should be linked to the total lvl box. Second, I'm not sure if it's my comp or a CS issue, I'd like to be able to use the lined, rearrange button that appears when we select the Modify button. I seem to only be able to use it for Attributes section under the Attributes & Abilities tab. Every other place, like spells, traits, feats, & class features, does work, for me at least.&nbsp; Thanks for all you do. :D Best to post suggestions in the PF thread ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/2788628/</a> ) so we have a better chance of seeing your suggestions or issues. Class name: I see your point for multi class sheets. I think we might be able to create a new attribute, say @{character_class} that has the default value of @{class-0-name} for backward comparability. &nbsp;I'll see about working that in. On the beta we have changed the level to the total levels ( @{level} ) - Should be included with the next update. You shouldn't have any issues with rearranging repeating rows using "Modify", at least I haven't heard of any issues... I suggest not using the consolidated 2-column view when rearranging. &nbsp;It becomes a little finicky imo. &nbsp;What browser and happens when you try to rearrange and click "Done" when finished?&nbsp; thanks. i'm using chrome; any suggestions on which works best? Literally nothing happens. thnx again Update: normally. of course, i went and tried it and it works now. :) prob my comp/internet Update: just realized it's because i popout the CS. when i don't, it works fine :) Might want to pass that along so if anyone else has the same issue.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Popout of sheets in general can cause issues for some reason. &nbsp;You should post to Bugs...