Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Loading order or layering of tokens and textures broken on start up

Edited 1464273195
Description of the Problem: When I start up my campaign I often times encounter a problem, where tokens are loaded to be behind the rest of the textures on my maps, despite them actually being put on top of all the rest. I then need to switch maps for it to work properly, reloading the page alone does not suffice to fix this. I provided screenshots at the bottom. Reproduce the Problem: I can't say how, or why it happens, usually just after joining a game at random. Description of My Setup: Windows 7, 64-bit Newest version of Firefox, as well as the newest version of Chrome have the same issue. No additional bars or add-ons. Cheers, Max Screenshot (broken): Screenshot (intact):
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey Max, sorry you're having issues with the tokens. Some questions to try and figure out what's going on: Are all of the colored areas drawn on using the draw tools in the editor? Are all of the tokens on the same layer as the colored areas they are appearing behind? Does this only happen in this campaign, or is this something that happens randomly any time you load a map? If that's the case is it only when you are GM? Does this also happen for you players, or are you the only one that sees them load out of order?

Edited 1464311860
Hello Phil, All colored areas were drawn with the drawing tool. All tokens & colored areas are on the same layer, specifically the Token layer, but all tokens & text are on top of the colored areas. I couldn't say to have experienced it on another person's game. It seems to only happen at random on the first map the game is assigned to after logging into the game. It doesn't seem to be GM specific, since my players often times reported to experience the same issue, even at times where this isn't the case for me personally. Something of note: Tokens that have been loaded into the game are loaded behind the colored areas together with the written text, created with the corresponding tool.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Max, can you try two things? If you put all of the drawings on the Map layer, let us know if the problem happens again. If it does, could you please provide a console log, the whole thing.

Edited 1464385617
I'm afraid I won't be able to do that. The colored layers are a mess of individual snipits. And because of this nature of the map, selecting all layers and moving them at once will possibly jumble them around and end up disfiguring the whole thing, at least from my experience, and I wouldn't wanna risk destroying the entire map for it... Because from what I've seen & tested moving multiple object to a different layers will not set them there in it's natural, correct order (bottom to top). Is it somehow possible to make a safety copy of one's page?
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You can't make a copy of an individual page, but you can make an exact copy of the whole campaign for backup if you want to. Also, to avoid "jumbling" the z-ordering of the tokens you can push the background items first, then the top layer after rather than all at the same time. (Also, I have a fix for this on the dev server so it shouldn't be an issue for too much longer)
Thank you very much! :)