Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chrome, OBS and Roll20 problems (Hardware acceleration setting)

So i was having troubles with OBS capturing the chrome window capture option.  went into OBS help and they said to disable Hardware Acceleration in the chrome settings.  I did that but now Roll20 scrolling and zooming around the screen is REALLY REALLY LAGGY.    is there a must to have Hardware Acceleration on for roll20 to perform better?   Please help! 
Try a Monitor Capture instead of Screen and use the Select Region to only capture the portion of your monitor that the browser window takes up.    OBS' general fix-all is using Monitor Capture instead of Window/Game Capture.

Edited 1464373353
Hi  xTimmyx - Personally, I use the same method for Roll20 streaming as Mark G. described above. I've found that using the Monitor Capture (or Display Capture if you are using OBS Studio) is the best method for streaming Roll20. Disabling Hardware Acceleration in Chrome would certainly change the way our site was designed to run. If you are still interested in trying to Window Capture, you might try checking to make sure that Areo is disabled in your OBS settings - OBS Settings > Video > Disable Aero at startup. This might help with lag and should lessen the load on your PC. I would also recommend adjusting your Video & Advanced OBS settings. Using the Resolution Downscale option to help as well. Below are my OBS settings for my old 2012 gaming PC.  Additional advice is available on our  Live Stream & Record Game Sessions Wiki as well. Let us know if that helps, so we can keep troubleshooting if not. If you're looking to try something new, we've also heard some great things about  Infiniscene . Thanks!
Marks idea was PERFECT! it helped alot! no more glitchyness and everything ran so smooth!    thank you both!