Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat doesn't work

A couple days ago a player told me he had an issue with things he was typing into the chat for my game not working as he was testing macros.  There is another game we're both part of (run by another player in my game, lots of cross over and same system) and that one works just fine, it is only my game.  Shortly after it's loaded up, the things that are displaying in the chat area (a lot of his tested macros) just show up as black bars with nothing else.  Now none of my players or myself can enter anything into the chat area.  If any of us click on the "View all chat entries" link, the things we've typed show up, but still nothing in the in game chat. None of us have updated anything on our computers or changed any settings from what they were before this issue came up.  Does anyone know how to fix this, or barring that, how to transfer things, including chat logs, from one game to another?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Perfect!  Fixed everything, thank you!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great! I'll mark this as resolved; feel free to open a new thread if you experience any other issues.