Allow Sheet Authors to make Custom sheets

Score + 6
Calle A.
Sheet Author
At the moment, I'm responsible for the Silent Legions and L5R 4e sheets - two sheets I would love to go back to working on. However, on my current budget, going Pro to access that feature, and then putting in X amount of hours into the HTML/CSS to make them work properly, that is simply not an option. I would love to be able to contribute to this community more, but as my situation is right now I can't justify that.  Allowing current sheet authors to continue working on their sheets without charging them for it seems like it would be entirely beneficial to the community as a whole.
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Reviving this post because I was about to post the same suggestion. If Sheet Authors are not GMing a campaign, they're basically paying Roll20 to create content for their website. There is one or two community-made options for it but it doesn't support repeating fields. Maybe Sheet Authors could get limited access to Custom Sheets on a single campaign where only they can join.
Karl H.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have seen several times that people have requested a change/improvement to a character sheet and then said "I'd do it myself, but I'm not paying for the privilege". Allowing Free users to contribute and test their changes would be entirely beneficial. It might even lead to increased sales: My original reason for getting Pro no longer really stands, but the ability to make custom changes to character sheets to fit my own homebrew is largely what keeps me paying now. I only descovered that because I could play around with the sheets and change things.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
Yeah, I have a boatload of stuff to do to my current sheet, (AD&D 2E), some improvements to make to my second sheet (Hero Kids) and I've been working on two new sheets (Nobilis 3e and SMD100) not to mention putting in fixes for 6-7 sheets that aren't even mine, but got abandoned by their creators some time ago. I've cancelled my sub because I have a real life to attend to, and while I don't mind spending my free time contributing to the community, I can't justify paying a company for the priviledge of doing their work for them, increasing their sales and community strength, and getting nothing but a bill every month and that 'warm, fuzzy feeling' for helping out. I get not wanting to give away custom sheet access or API access, but for those of us that do the bulk of the work (Roll20 made sheets compared to community made ones is a 1%/99% ratio) (Likiwise, the vast majority of API scripts are made by the community) we shouldn't have to pay to keep doing the bulk of the work on this front. I understand that Roll20 has other problems to work on, but this is like asking for volunteers to help you and then charging them an overhead so you can justify turning the lights on/running the AC/putting gas in the tank. It's morally bankrupt if nothing else. TL:DR +1
Stephen L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There would need to be some sort of vetting process in place for to verify sheet authors. Maybe something simple such as "Has this person submitted a character sheet to the Roll 20 repo and was it accepted into the One-Click library?". Otherwise users might start claiming to be sheet authors but really they just want to be able to copy-paste other people's sheets for free.
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Well, we all have the titles here :), so our accounts are already marked as Sheet Authors. It would still require a little more work from Roll20 so people don't submit bogus sheets. But that work could likely be avoided if Sheet Authors had Pro on a single campaign that cannot invite players. But that would likely require a lot more code...

Edited 1505356196
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
For anyone who's not a Sheet Author, this is also in your best interest, as sheets will be able to get more updates!
Well, I'm not a sheet author YET, but I'm working in an AD&D 2E sheet primarily for my own game reasons. If you're working on a sheet, sure I say see if there's a way for the sheet author to log in, work on his/her sheet, and fiddle with it in a test environment. I don't see how that could be anything but positive. Allowing for much more CSS customizability would be great as well, but I'm still exploring the limits of that.