Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

App and the API

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Does the App support the API? I have an API script that runs, watching for changes in attributes to know how to create/remove Abilities based on attribute modifications.  Works great on the website, but nothing seems to happen from App. Running iOS 9.3.2 (iPad Air2).
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It should work, since API scripts run on the API server, not on the client. I would say the first thing to check it to make sure your API didn't crash. =P
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, this may need to get moved to the Bugs section then? I watched the API Console while interacting with the Roll20 app for iPad, and the console showed the script firing and doing what it was supposed to do, but it didn't create the Ability that I could see on the app. Even after closing the character sheet and opening a different one and then going back. I had to close the app completely for the new Ability to show up at all.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I went ahead and moved this over to Bug Reports & Technical Issues for you.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks. :)
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for pointing this out for us. The app may be a little behind on the recent API updates, which might cause some issues with some of the events that are supposed to keep the sheet up to date. I've logged this bug, and someone will take a look at it when we get a chance.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Awesome! Thanks.