Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] GURPS. Nothing more, nothing less, just GURPS

Hello I am looking for GURPS players and GMs, in hope of getting a game running. If you also like to play GURPS, why don't you post here too so we can see how many there are. We really need more GURPS gaming going around, we don't want horrible stuff like D&D to be biggest, now would we? ;) About me; 28, been playing GURPS for five years. I have a taste for sci-fi/cyberpunk and higher points range, but right now I just want GURPS, so even if you have game plans that doesn't fit, give me a call.
Hi Nux, would you ever consider playing a Wild West adventure in GURPS? I'm a GM and have never run anything like that before and am toying with the idea of a short Wild West adventure for something different (and to test out a new GMing approach I have in mind). I mostly run Fantasy games, and some Sci-fi so future games could come out of this too of course if our gaming styles worked well together. About me: 35 male, been playing RPGs since I was 10. I don't bother with any other systems these days since I find the GURPS system is so darn flexible. It can be fun to rip off other game worlds and run them (properly) in GURPS :oD
I probably should add that I am in CET (GMT+1) time zone. Which is important if you can only play later evenings American times... But you wont know for sure till you communicate.
I have never played Gurps, but I'm willing to try
I've been GMing several GURPS campaigns for a while now, so I know the system reasonably well, unfortunately I've never sat down and done it as a player. So with that said, I'd be interested if I could do just that, can't say I have any particular genre preferences, my own campaigns have been all over the place after all which is likely why I picked GURPS up in the first place.
Its nice to see there is interest in GURPS. I wonder how many that discards GURPS without even trying. I have at least tried DnD quite a bit...
Depending on the genre, I would be into this...I have a ton of GURPS .pdfs and have yet to play the system.  I'll keep checking the status periodically on this, if something comes together I may partake!
I'm in

Edited 1466809045
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have been playing and GMing GURPS a long time, ever since 3rd edition came out. Love the game, I only wish Roll20 had more support for it. I have GM'd Fantasy, Banestorm, American Civil War, Wild West, World War II (Both American and German sides), Modern Special Ops, and Star Trek (Both Starfleet and Klingon sides). So I am open for playing almost anything except a truly cinematic or Supers game - don;t have time right now to GM. So everyone, keep posting.
Alright. Yeah. I have thought about GMing a few times. But never really found the inspiration. 
I'd be game. I've yet to actually play a game but I have quite a few of the books (3rd edition though) I think I just love how easy it would be to just through a splash of some other genre or setting. 
I should've asked this earlier, but what exactly is GURPS?
LöL. General Universal Role Playing System. Google it. But don't listen to anyone who says its bad. But it tends to be for people who like to have a bit more control over their character creation. But it is all up to the GM. It is General ;)
the more control over how I build my character the better
Green said: Depending on the genre, I would be into this...I have a ton of GURPS .pdfs and have yet to play the system.  I'll keep checking the status periodically on this, if something comes together I may partake! after looking over GURPS I agree, I don't like westerns and I'm currently burned out on mediveal stuff