Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Duplicating Character sheet : Some Macros not activated?

1465351535

Edited 1465351644
Hi Adventurers  I am not really sure if it's a bug or issue.. but because It doesn't really duplicate 100% the sheet, I prefer to post here. When I duplicate a basic character sheet after editing the attributes & abilities macros, it seems it doesn't activate some macros for the duplicated sheet. Here the screenshot ,                                                          the original sheet                                                                       the duplicated sheet                                 So it seems only macros "show as token action" remember the ticked boxes I understand it's not big deal, but the people with who I play are not familiar with roll20, and even if it's not complicated to tell them how to do macros ( or even to tick the needed boxes), I would like them to get like a  "plug and play" (well, should say "come and play" game) without them to bother about editing settings....  I want to prepare for them all the sheets, they just need to push button So is it a bug or it's normal? 
1465412815
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I just tested this myself and found the same functionality. I think this is intentional, since the Macro Bar can get pretty crowded with a bunch of buttons. You can always check the boxes on the new character if you want to add those macros to the Bar.
There's also the issue of those boxes being ticked per user, even if mutiple players have access. They're probably stored individually.
Thanks Phil and Kanan Phil B. said:  You can always check the boxes on the new character if you want to add those macros to the Bar. The macro buttons will appear only to the person who checked the boxes For example , let's say there is a character called Hero controlled by a friend. if i check the boxes "show in macro bar" in Hero sheet , it will appear for me, not for him my friend will have to check the boxes himself to get the buttons. ( in the condition he has the  permission to access the character sheet ) I understand it's intentional  and it answered my question. That's not big deal, I will tell them how to do it ( yes I have lazy friends lol ) thanks PS :  that would be great to be able to color the token actions also