Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking to start a ad&D 2e (not 2.5 or Skills and powers) homebrew campaign

This is a homebrew campaign. looking for at least 6 players of all skill levels
Are we using any of the handbooks when making our charecters?
all but the psionicist
okay thank you!
Which, if any, of these allowed? tsr2151 - The Complete Book of Necromancers, powers and pantheons, tsr2110 - The Complete Fighter's Handbook, tsr2136 - The Complete Ranger's Handbook, tsr2113 - The Complete Priest's Handbook, Dark Sun Campaign Setting, Vikings Campaign Sourcebook or specifically , runecaster class ,  Warriors and Priests of the Realms , The Scarlet Brotherhood , or the PH 1e, and I think you already said no player options, so :  Player's Option: Spells & Magic would be out?
anything from Darksun is out since i don't allow for psionics. All the brown cover PHBR books are fi'ne except for the Psionics handbook. Spells & Magic is out but i do allow for the tome, Wizard's and Priest's spell compendiums. Warriors of the the Realms would be acceptable, with a few adjustments. I will look over the Scarlet Brotherhood. and you can use the 1e PH.
Very intriguing, Necromancers in? I have DM'd several, but never got to play one in tabletop......
hehe - i just got my first anxiety attack (kidding) last time i played by those rules was at least 10 years (my memory says 20 but i don't want to sound like a 42 year old) ... i think i want to play a barbarian if that's ok. though not a mindless and uncivilized man.  a very earth connected simple but sharp minded warrior.   i can play other roles depending on the party and it's composition.  
that is good
ok players..if you all could enable 3d dice that would be awesome
I need to upload firefox on my home computer, so I will get started on my character on Friday (working Overtime the next couple of days). As for the character, I was thinking either Dwarf or Halfling.   With no magic at all (or can priests still gain spells from their gods) one of my Halfling ideas is out (Halfling priest of Thor or similar god). For Dwarf (I have to look at the complete Dwarves handbook again) I'm considering a Sundered Dwarf Pit Fighter (recently freed, method of freedom open for discussion) or an Axe for Hire.  Boaz - for your barbarian, maybe some form of Ranger??  Might have more flexibility then a regular Barbarian Fighter.  Oh, and what's wrong with being over 40, I'm 46 and haven't looked at my books in about 15 years.  :)  
The demi-humans worship the general standard gods of their races and were on my campaign world before the mass exodus from blackmoor.
OK, so can priests still gain spells, this part from your previous post has me a bit confused: "Spells & Magic is out but i do allow for the tome, Wizard's and Priest's spell compendiums." 
Spells and Magic is a book
Spell and Magic refers to the 2.5 Players Option Book of the same name.. I play and run core 2e so yes all spell using classes can still cast magic
I have been talking with Mark about what is acceptable, I was looking at Ranger-archer, human. I don't like playing demi-humans.
Do you want our character rolls on the game page of just E-Mail you the character info when it's ready??
you can roll them and then email me...use this string when rolling:  /r 4d6r<2d1
once rolled you can place them as you see fit
Unless someone already has a Ranger, I rolling for Ranger/Archer.
ok...use this string when rolling: /r 4d6r<2d1 and you can place them where you see fit..
Sorry for being such a pest, but are we starting at first level or higher? It's getting late and I can't seem to find if it was posted anywhere. 
1st level
It looks like the next game session is for this Friday.  If it's at Noon, then I wont be able to make it as I work until 4pm CDT.  However, if it's Midnight, then I may be able to swing that.  I have another game session at 7:30pm so would depend on when that ends. 
its saturday at 1 pm
It is my son's birthday on Saturday so I can't play. I thought, looking at the listing, that it was on Friday :(
ok
Sorry guys, totally my fault, misread the date. I am happy for you to NPC me or to let me join the party for the next scheduled session instead.
sure no problem...see you next week
I can do Saturday.
This Saturday will be tough for me as well, my wife and are are taking a weekend away from the kids now that I am working a Monday through Friday job (for now).  The following Saturdays should be good though, so Mark, if you want to NPC Callus for the session so he is with the group, that's fine.  I'm also fine with him joining up the next session, which ever is easiest for you.  Thanks. 
not a prob...i might move the date to next saturday the 16th
OK, is the next session going to be on Saturday the 16th?  If so, I might miss that one, we have plans to be at in Belvedere that afternoon.  I could play earlier or possibly Friday night, though not sure if that works for anybody else. 
I play another game on Fridays, so that wouldn't quite work for me : /
next session is scheduled for the 16th at 1pm EDT (-4GMT)
night games are not an option right now, since boaz and Caine are +7 and +4 hours ahead of me respectively
Right, the EU people make the times need to be early, and I typically work during the mornings but I'm off on the weekends. So really only Sat and Sun work for me at this timeframe.
Friday nights are no good for me, its the one night a week I always have to work late. Any time Saturday is good though, even if its very early.
I can probably do earlier as well if that is what we decide.
the time we mat is ideal for me. earlier is problematic - 1 or 2 hours later are an option. i prefer sat. 
I am happy to do any start time from 6pm to 9pm GMT+1 if that helps everyone else?
Setting the start somewhere at 1pm - 3pm in GMT-4 is fine for me aswell (I'm in GMT+2) Greetings everybody. I'll try to pick up the pace quickly.
then we have a consensus.. saturdays at 1pm Eastern time (-4 GMT) my time
Sounds like a plan.
OK, that would be noon for me, I can hopefully get one for an hour or two before we leave.