Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Castles & Crusades Dungeon Crawling

Edited 1466276889
under_score
Sheet Author
Trying to put together multiple groups for a C&C game, sort of in the vein of the West Marches.  Very old school style, simple and quick gameplay with a heavy focus on dungeon crawling. [ok, guess you can't see the listing, so if you're interested in an old school dungeon crawl sandbox running weekday evenings, CST, reply here and I'll send you an invite]
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Only Plus and Pro subscribers can make their games visible to the public ; by default a link such as <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s</a> ... is only visible to players already in the game. The best way to handle this situation is to create a Looking for Group listing ; even if you do not enable it for viewing in the LFG Directory you can share the link with others and have a separate Listing Discussion forum just for those potentially interested in your game. As a bonus, anyone who posts to your game's Listing Discussion forum will have a big blue button by their username and all a GM has to is click 'Invite to Game' and an invitation will be sent their way. I hope this helps, happy gaming! :)
Update: I'm up to 6 players, I'd like to get another 6 in to start. &nbsp;Reply here or PM me, either way
I'll play&nbsp;
Eric, sent you a link. &nbsp;There are a few posts with more details, read those over and make sure this sounds like a game you're interested in. &nbsp;If it is, post in the Introduction thread.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Zach. Is this on any specific weekday evening, or varies between all the days? Is it correct to assume from the West Marches style that attendance is not mandatory, but player can just show up (or sign up) to play on any given session and then no problem if they miss the next session? &nbsp;If that is the case (which I have DM'd West Marches style and Player Pools myself many times on Roll20), then I would like to be a group member and look for a day to play. The west marches I've DM'd in Roll20 were using AD&D 2E, and BFRPG, Basic Fantasy RPG. &nbsp; I've played some C&C too (mostly in person, only once or twice on Roll20 and it wasn't a West Marches).
Hey Gold. &nbsp;Yeah, West Marches is very much the inspiration here. &nbsp;It'll be a drop in, drop out, show when you can sort of game. &nbsp;Right now the majority of the group is favoring Monday nights, so our next session is next Monday. &nbsp;We've got at least one player looking to get a second session going on Wednesday nights. &nbsp;I'd love to run two groups, cause I think there's some interesting dynamics you get out of that. &nbsp;If you're good for one of those nights, let me know and I'll send you the invite.
I'd be interested in something on Wednesday nights. &nbsp;Depends a bit on the time (I have something earlier in the evening EST so after 8 would be great).
Hey Brian, sent you an invite. &nbsp;Not certain if we'll be ready for a Wednesday game this week, but I've gotten a few people interested in Wednesdays so the following week is pretty likely. &nbsp;There's a few forum posts with character creation and setting info to read over.
Hey, I've been wanting to get involved in an oldschool-style game for a while, and my unpredictable schedule means that something West Marches style would be perfect, so I'd love to join this group. Haven't played Castles & Crusades before but I'm sure I could adapt.
Marie, sent you an invite. &nbsp;Unpredictable scheduling is what I'm trying to accommodate, so even if you can only rarely show, feel free to stick around.

Edited 1466888488
I am interested in joining. Wednesday nights also work well for me. I have played about a dozen sessions of C&C about a couple years back.
Gold
Forum Champion
DM Zach, I can sometimes play Wednesday eve (for example Wednesday July 6 looks like a good time to start as you said 'not this week but next'), also I can sometimes play Mondays (which I understand you may be full on Monday).
Sent you an invite Gold. We're full for this Monday but players may want to switch between Monday/Wednesday as we go, so we'll just decide on a next game session and see what kind of response
Gilgamesh, I don't know why but I completely missed your message. &nbsp;Sent you an invite. &nbsp;We're having our first session tonight with about 6 players, so we'll see how that goes, I'll probably look to do the next session on the 6th to get some of the Wednesday-nighters in.