Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG/DM Dragon Age RPG game?

Hello! I've been poking around the internet for a dragon age rpg, but not really to any avail. I thought I might check in here and see if anyone would be interested in running one. I know there's one open game here but it seems pretty limited and sounds like the GM has particular characters in mind, I'm hoping for something more open in regards to character creation.
I'm super interested in playing, could potentially run if we had the right group/plan in mind. Let me know what you're thinking!
I don't have too terribly much in mind to be honest! I don't want to get my hopes up too far, ya know? I've got a fairly solid idea for each class so I'm more than willing to be flexible around what anyone else wants to play, I just love Dragon Age and want to play with the system.
Awesome. Times/days you're available?
Weekends are the best for me, but I'm available just about any day after Noon CST, excepting after six pm on Wednesday and Thursdays.
I'm EDT. Weekends are pretty good for 3-4 hour sessions, or I could probably do 1 during the week, evening-stylez. I should probably buy the sourcebook now, hm...
Whatever works best for you, I can make it happen.

Edited 1466291376
I'm also desperately looking for someone to play the DA RPG with... :D edit: I'm GMT+2, timezone-wise, but playing until 8 pm CST shouldn't be a problem for me (on most days). :)
Well we have three people now, so that seems like a solid start to me 8D

Edited 1466297900
How do we wanna play? Are we gonna go through Skype? That would be my first choice for keeping up to date/planning and doing the voice portion of the game.
With the admittance that it takes me a long time to warm up to voice chat, I'm good with Skype, though it doesn't always get along with my internet. I also understand there aren't a whole lot of free alternatives that I know of.
I've always wanted to try it out but I can never find one on Roll20!
I dont have much experience with playing tabletop online, so I'll go along with whatever the more experienced folks decide. ;)
I suggested Skype because my computer haaaates Roll20 when I turn on the voice feature. Battle of the touchy internets, I guess. Does everyone have the sourcebook? Because we weren't just thinking a Dragon Age themed game on some other system? I assume we've all played at least some amount of the DA games? Fave companions? Fave PCs? I have so many questions :D
I do have the sourcebook and, Skype is fine I'm just sayin' it gives me some trouble is all XD Uuuuh let's seeeeeee. I've put a ridiculous amount of time into the games, my greatest time is in Origins but only because I'm still working my way through all the Inquisition options. Life needs to stop getting in the way of my Dragon Age time, ya'know? Fave companions is hard. Well, mostly hard. At least trying to pick between games it's hard. Zevran is my all time favorite though. My email client is set up to say his "Antivan Crows send their regards." line every time I get an email. Dragon Age 2 is Aveline, bless mama bear herding cats. Inquisition iiis, gosh that's hard I haven't romanced everyone yet. Solas? Dorian? All of them??? Edit Also Hello Ultra!
Sourcebook: check. I've played all DA games at least once (minus some DLCs) and read all novels and comics. My favorite companions would be: DAO: Alistair  //  DA2: Hm, guess Anders...though I don't approve of his actions. ;)   //  DAI: Solas – but an honorable mention goes to Cullen as my fav non-companion. ^^ And most of the other companions are awesome as well... xD
So what are we all thinking of playing? I've got an Avvar Shaman (Apostate Mage), a Fereldan Templar (Warrior), and a Dalish Hunter (Archery Rogue) that I'd be happy to play. Anyone else have thoughts or preferences?
I'm potentially trawling around for a second DARPG game myself. I'm fairly solid on the lore, and tend to actually like the setting more than the individual games. Favorite companions... hmm. Either Alistair or Wynne for Origins, Varric for 2, and Dorian for Inquisition - but I should clarify that while they're the ones I personally like the most does not mean I don't appreciate more or less all of the others as characters. IE, Vivienne is an amazing character, I just can't say I personally like the lady. XD I'm interested in playing only (sorry, no GMing :( ), and I'm in Europe, so anything that would take the time past 1 am my time (6 pm CDT, I think?) would be a no go. Another potential timing issue is that my established DARPG campaign, which right now runs Monday evenings my time, might have a schedule shift based on the GM's new schedule (will know by the end of the week, I reckon), and since that one's old and established and near and dear to my heart, I would prioritize it in case of scheduling conflict. Moot point if this one's not running in EU-compatible times, though, hence why I'm posting now rather than later. What am I looking for in a game / what am I like as a player? My Roll20 profile is PACKED with that info. One thing I'd look for in a DARPG campaign is: a) something not set in Ferelden; b) something with as few connections to the video games as possible. Essentially, I tend to dislike inserts of the GM's own Inquisitors, Wardens and Hawkes into the game, let alone heavy interaction with them or worse, being them/their companions and playing out their story. I've already seen those stories, and I want to make my own. There's a rich world and timeline out there to explore beyond the scope of the games and Ferelden*. :) (*For example, my other campaign is set in the Towers Age and it is frankly amazing and one of the best campaigns I've been in in over a decade of gaming. In fact, it might be THE best.) Depending on all of these things, people from said other campaign might be likewise interested. We're all trapped in Dragon Age Hell over here. XD
Well hello Azure! I'd welcome you aboard but I'm not the dm. Unfortunately everyone else has gone quiet unfortunately 8C
Well, I'm still on board. ^^ But I don't know what I would like to play, yet - guess that would also depend on which age/region we play in.
If you're still looking for players I'd love to join! I don't have much tabletop experience outside of watching Critical Role, but I've played all of the Dragon Age games plus all the DLC. I'm PDT though but can work with whatever hours are decided :D
I've never GM'd this game, nor anything else in about 4 years, but I would be willing to give it a shot. I'd love to hear more of what people would like to see in a game before I start plotting heavily. And augh, I would never subject y'all to my Inquisitor or my Hawke. They are both terrible human beings. My Warden was pretty okay, but she's hella dead. I've had The World of Thedas on hold at the library for months now, I should probably break down and buy it... I'm EDT and am more of a weekend person, tbh. Weeknights, I have a very narrow amount of time to start a game before I have to turn in for the night. Can't lose sleep, after all.
As someone who only just took up the DM mantle herself, I've definitely got the patience if you're willing to take it up. As for what I like to see in a game, well I'm with Ultra on that I think. I like exploring the things that are outside of the game, or delving into the under-developed bits of the lore. I admit a slight bias for Ferelden though, but that's mostly because I'm a dog person myself, my friends generally agree that's probably where I'd live XD I also agree for keeping the Warden/Hawke/Inquisitor out of the game, except maybe as a thing that exists at most. But yeah I'm all for exploring things outside of their story, or even out side of the Dragon Age itself. I'm also slightly less inclined towards a Grey Warden heavy story line, but not so much that I'd refuse one of course. None of my character thoughts are set in stone until I sit down to play so I'm more than happy to be flexible about what the party needs or what kind of story the GM wants to tell.  Also Weekends are definitely best for me too, I have a slight preference towards Sunday, just because between friends and boyfriend I tend to get roped into Doing Things on Saturday without warning. I can make Saturdays work if that's the group preference though.
Hi, I'm interested but it would depend on the day and time. I have experience with playing it as well as running it, so if you have any questions let me know. I won't be that available until July, but I would like to try my hand again in DARPG. It's been a while since I played it, but it's a fun system.
Okay well then! We have Sunny, The Ghost DM, and maybe one other person interested in DMing. So Ultra, Lucelia, Azure, and Silentr (And Sunny since they didn't immediately volunteer as GM) any preferences? Thoughts? Did our volunteer DMs have any thoughts on what type of game they might run?
While everyone in a campaign crafts a story together, the GM's job is both more difficult and somewhat more important than the players' (from the standpoint that the only element a campaign cannot continue without is, in fact, the GM). And well, there's fewer of 'em. In making sure that the GM absolutely and thoroughly enjoy themselves and not see it as any kind of chore or obligation, I leave entirely to them whether they're gonna GM, what kind of story they wanna craft, and who they're gonna choose to GM for. :) Mine is to express interest - theirs to choose whether I'm right for the game they wish to run. :)
It's been a while since I actually GM'ed but we'll see what we can do. Everyone PM me your times and I'll send you a discord link where we can all get together. Like I said, I can't set anything up till July, but that doesn't mean we can't get started on something. Let me know if you guys are interested, I'l l'll also help someone if the want to GM too. How's that sound?
Ohhh am I too late to get in on this? I just had this site pointed out to me while I was lamenting that I'd be interested in trying this tabletop game because I am kind of a huge DA fan, but have no players nearby.
AJA said: Ohhh am I too late to get in on this? I just had this site pointed out to me while I was lamenting that I'd be interested in trying this tabletop game because I am kind of a huge DA fan, but have no players nearby. You can still send me a PM as nobody has send me one yet. I'm going to make a LFG and a Discord server so that we can talk details there.
This seems to be growing into quite a big group. If there's room for any more I would love to join! I'm a big DA fan and have started getting into tabletop RPGs because of it.
Good plan Ghost, might be easier to keep track that way and get the ball rolling!
I've got one more spot open if anybody else is interested. For easier coordination, those that send me a PM with interest (that I haven't invited yet) please send me also your timezone. Let me start first, I'm EST.
EST/EDT for me!
For any other GMs that skim through the thread - I'm still on the market, as The Ghost DM's timezone and mine do not mesh well. :)
I'm also looking for one more interested player! Have a party of four now and still deciding on characters so you're in time. Also, the game won't start till July so there's plenty of time to create character, discuss rules and hang out until the game starts.
I'm EST as well but what day and time are we talking about? I would love to join a game as I have been gming a game on Saturdays for about a month now and would love to take a swing at things from the players perspective.
I just got a full party! I will post here if there are any openings in the future. The game doesn't start till a couple of weeks so there's a chance for players to drop out from till then. Have fun and 'May the Maker watch over you'