As the party steps though the glowing portal, they are transported to a large hall. The vast chamber has an 80-foot-high vaulted ceiling supported by numerous pillars carved to resemble coiling snakes. An alcove in the east wall is decorated with dimly glowing runes and sloped stone ramp leads up to a 20-foot-high balcony that overlooks the rest of the room. Two alcoves in the north wall each contain metal statues of Deskari; as soon as the companions appear, these animate and attack! As the party is rushing forward to meet this latest threat, time slows, then stops. The apocalypse locusts which followed the heroes through the portal hand suspended in mid-air. Friend and foe stand frozen, though Malak and Elaryan are aware of their surroundings. Into this vignette, a strange creature appears. A long crimson cloak drapes over the form of this large faceless being, which floats just above the ground on footless legs as its menacing flail crackles with blue currents of electricity. Elaryan recognizes it as End's Voice, the Herald of Groetus. End's Voice beckons, and both Elaryan and Malak are teleported once more. They find themselves in another, slightly smaller chamber. The ground is a mosaic of yellow stone, with red tiles arranged to spell the word "Dungeon!" in five-foot tall letters. Black tiles spell out "Main Gallery" in samller letters, and hallways extend in four directions. End's Voice hovers in the center of the gallery. It speaks in a twisting voice: We̞̖̠̖͈͖͘l͓̝c̵̱̳͔͓͙̲om̷̥͇̗ḛ̜̭̣ ̛̩̻͚t͔̦̘̼o ̘͙̤̖͉͈͕t͡ẖ̭̬̗̖̱̘e̵̬̬̱̘ ̶D̢̰o͇͟o͞m̳͖s͢d̠a̞̪̼̘͠y̴͚̞͓͉̯̗ ̬D̺̣u͟n҉͕g̮e̥̬̥̹̮͠on͚̺̙.̺͚̩̼̙̙ ̳̰̤̜̝͉͙͟T̞͖he̼͉̫̭ ̶̭̙̲͚ͅf̲̱̫ḭ̺͓r͇s̰̩͚ṭ̩̤́ ̣͓o͡n͞ḛ͕̺̕ ̹̗̞̳͍t͡o̝̬̬̥̫̩̲ ͕̮̲̤̹͕ͅa̸̼̝c̨͎c͉̮͔̼̦̞um̴̭̬͙͓̳̥̺ul͔̜̮͈͟a̡͈̜̪̝͍̤̭t͚͖̙͖̲̱e̳͎̜͔̠͙͈ ͓̱̫̲̺̲͈͡t̛ẁ̯͎̮e̸̞͇n̪̜̟̩̕t̮̺̺͖͍̖y̧̲̺͍̬ ͓̲̜ṱ̞͔̣̣̝͢h͟ò͉̟̞u͎̙̣͍̯͘s͔ͅan̷̜̫̫̭d̢̟͕ ̦͉͔̙̪ͅP͏͓̩o͚̥̪̤i͏̟̠̰͎̲͚n̻̠̟̝͖̻t͉͉̣̺̲̠̠s̮̼͍̣̤̘͖ ̗̼̬͎͙͇̤i̵s ̙͈̲͕͝w̫̥̟̮͓͉͙o̧͈͉͓͖̩r̠̣t̡̻͎̱ͅhy̙̫̭͇̼ ͏͙̩͔̺̗̮̞o͕͖̳͕̦̮̜f̟̲ ̦̟̺̘̬̬̝t͈͈̬͎h̩͔̠͎̱e̻͙̜̘͟ͅ B͈͕̺̲̥͚̬l̦̠͍e̡̝̞̳̹ͅs͍̥̘͓̕s̛̤͇̹̰̖i̠̗̗̯n̺̭͞ģ͔ o҉̮̳̟̝͕̯f̻̬͉͈̝̗͘ ̱̙G̨̝̰̙͓͍͖ͅr̥o̡̯̮͚̙̞̳e̢͕͇̼̣̹t͍̻̻̝̩u̴͚̟̣͍̟̗ͅs̬͍̝̬̬͙̮ With that, the Herald of Groetus disappears. Malak and Elaryan begin to explore the complex. The dungeon halls are lined with strange black doors. Each time one of the heroes touches a door, it disappears, and the hero is transported to a room with no exits and forced to fight a monster one-on-one. Once victorious, the adventurer is returned to the hallway that he was standing. The room beyond contains a gravestone with an image of the defeated monster and a treasure. The two heroes begin to realize that they are in a competition. After each victory, End's voice whispers an updated score in their head. The rooms with the doors seem to be color-coded. Upper level rooms, near the Main Gallery, are paved with orange tiles and contain relatively weak monsters like skeletons, rats, and goblins. Lower level room are decorated in red, blue, and violet; these contain more powerful monsters like naga and oozes. Occasional chambers break up the monotony of the hallways, decorated with convincing illusions of laboratories, libraries, and treasure vaults. These chambers without black doors contain monsters, but award no treasure or points. Elaryan and Malak split up. At first, Malak ventures deep into the dungeon while elaryan remains close to the upper levels. Venturing a little deeper, however, Elaryan encounters a pit trap which dumps him into a lower-level chamber. Faced with a huge red dragon as a solo enemy, Elaryan is overcome. Meanwhile, malak defeats his final enemy, a purple worm, and his score passes 20,000 points. The two heroes are teleported back to the Main Gallery. End's Voice floats before them once more. He spins his flail slowly, pointing a gloved hand first at Elaryan, then at Malak. He speaks: M̟͉̟̪̥aḻ̯̫̳̖a͖͚̹͠k̢͉͈̳̮̝̩ ̦̝F́r̼̲͓̘̹̭e̸͍̜͇è͍̝̤ͅḓ̗̰͎̟̮,͎͔͚͉͢ͅͅ ̵̻y̵͖͉̺̦ou͠ ̡h̬̹̕a͙̰͚̟v͉̩̝͢e̺ ̯͙̺͎͇͉ͅp̹r̪͇̳͎̝o̶͔̭v̨͖̝e͕̜̮̭͕̟n̮͎̩ ͖͖̠͖y̻̰o̠̯̥̦͎ur̶̠͇͎̲̟̟s̹̩̖͇͢ę͚̝͖l͈f̨̗̳ w͚̭̗̲̯͠o͎͇͚̹̦̳r͙̞͓̪̹̺͜t̵ḩ̼̟̲̟̖̱y͓̗̞͎̝̞ ̟̝̻͕̻ͅ T̰̳o͕͔̻͓ ̖͚̳̀b̶͔e̱͉͘ ̳̤̝̪̼̝͎t̢h͔̦̜̟̫̖ḛ̩̀ ͎̱̣͚o̱̼͚̳̳̟n͏̭̘e̵ ͕t̜̰̞̲̯̦ͅh̹a̸̹̜̫̮͚̥ͅt҉̜̺̺͖͕͎ ̲̬͚͘u͇̙̯s͉̮̀h͏̥̜e̫̺͢r͚̪̗̩͎s̱̦̳̠̟͘ i̸n̩̣̦̞͘ ̫̭͕͠t͖̙̙̦̙͡ḫ̴̟̳e̹̗̥̭̖͈͟ ̦͉̜͎̰̟e͔ͅnd̰̰̺ ̗o̗̫̤̣͖̫͚f̨̻͈̟͉ ͔͙̗̲͠a̺̹̰͕l͈̤̹͕l ̛̹͙t̬̠̤͢h̩̭̘̗i̦͙n͓̥̟͍̮̗ͅg͙s̲̜̘̺͡.͖͕͚̳ Wh̡͓̥̩̺a͈̰̞͝ͅt͔͉ ̲̪̹̘b̡̼̜o͖̟̤̯͔̰o̭̬̯n̗͉̣̰̤̳͎ ҉̖̭d͏̮͈o͎̲̘͙ ̴̩y̛͎ou͖̹͍̬̪͜ ̖̦̮̝͈͎d̻ẹs̴̪̟i̘̙̕r͔̦͚̲e̹̠̭̜̜͔?̢̳̯̥ ̨̪͓͍̻͇ Wh̲̟̩̯͓͘a̮ṱ̗̥̰ ͙͕̜ì̺̞s̙͎̦̺͈ ̻̻͈̠͓̭̫̕y̰̰̤͈͚͡o̤̭͖̖̤̻̘u̷͇͔r̟͚ ̡̯̠̺͚̪̪w͈̥͓̖̺i͏̰̪͙̟ͅs̱̩̯͔͉͔̥h̻͎̤̗̟̳̫?҉ ̪̗̤̖ Malak speaks: "I wish Elaryan's aura was purple." As soon as the words are out of his mouth, Elaryan begins to glow with a sickly, violet light. Seconds later, both heroes are returned to their friends, at the exact moment at which they left. Everyone who played is awarded 50,000 XP.