Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Music not working as a GM?

My players can hear the tracks I play, but for me, even if the volume is maxed it either won't play or it will cut out constantly. I didn't have this problem before but a friend of mine had it for weeks. I updated google chrome and cleared my cache but the problem still persists. I have a Macintosh OS X 10.9.5.
It looks like soundcloud might be having some issues tonight but I don't know if that explains why my players could hear the music
1466529757
Giger
API Scripter
You could be having internet problems, or other connectivity issues. Best bet is to first isolate your computer / Internet / browser from being the problem.  Run internet speed tests, reset router/modem, try another browser. if only you are having a problem then it's likely your computer and/or setup.
I don't think it's anything to do with being the GM, I've had this problem as both a GM and player. I can't remember exactly how long it's been, but I think it's been about a week now since it started? It's weird because some tracks play perfectly, but others either won't play at all or they play for a couple seconds, cut out constantly, then stop entirely. I'm using Firefox version 47.0, but I've also tested things on Chrome and got the exact same results.
1466613896

Edited 1466613911
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Steven, like what Giger said, if the sound was cutting out it's probably something to do with bandwidth issues. If you have these issues again, please check out&nbsp; <a href="https://fast.com/" rel="nofollow">https://fast.com/</a> to see what sort of download speed you are getting at the time. If it's not a bandwidth issue, then it may also be issues SoundCloud. If you are able to hear the sounds at all, then it's most likely not an issue with Roll20, specifically. Omega, if you are having internet speed issues some tracks will play better than others because they are at a lower bitrate and therefore take up less bandwidth to play. If you have these issues again please do what I mentioned in the above paragraph.