Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Chasing Midnight ~ An Exalted 3rd Edition Game [Fridays, evenings EST]

Edited 1466612852
Chasing Midnight is a text-based game of Exalted 3rd Edition , a high-powered setting with Eastern Asian and Western European themes, focusing heavily on a Swords & Sorcery style of storytelling, where you will play Mortal Heroes who become blessed with the power of the Unconquered Sun, the embodiment of perfection, and struggle to make a difference, and control your newfound power in a world that has treated your kind like demons for centuries. This game is going to be set in the Eastern Threshold, a land infested with Fair Folk - shaped fae monsters who seek to retain their form by consuming the dreams and emotions of mortals, and begin a second invasion to slay all living things. A land threatened by the undead - enigmatic Deathlords sit, poised to overtake the East, as they threaten trade and travel through the Scavenger Lands, and in a show of power, the Mask of Winters has conquered Thorns, a Satrap of the Blessed Isle to make it clear to the East exactly the army he possesses. A land held in thrall by insane Beastlords - old Lunar warlords, who will stop at nothing to slay those who they believe have wronged them in ancient times, even if it means plunging the East into neverending war. The focus will be on a small group of mortals, who - under their own circumstances - have recently drawn the Second Breath, and been granted the power befitting a Chosen of the Sun, and are now under the watchful eye, and tutelage of the Cult of the Illuminated, a sect of mortals who worship the Unconquered Sun, and believe that the Solars still hold dominion of Creation, and wish to help them return it to their rule. They will begin in a small kingdom in the far East - the Hundred Kingdoms, where they are safe from the Wyld Hunt, but will find themselves in the midst of mystery, as a major event will overturn their life in this kingdom, forcing them to go out into the world, and become what they were intended to be. This will result in a game that opens with several solo sessions - one on one sessions where we cover how, and why your character exalted, learn more about who they are, and how they handle sticky situations, and how they take to their newfound power, before launching into a full campaign in the living world of Creation. This living world will react to your actions, and have ripple effects into a second campaign already in progress, Unto Dawn , a game of experienced Solars who struggle against their natures to do the right thing, as they make allies and begin to unravel a plot that could bring the East to it's knees. Players from both campaigns will have ample opportunity to interact with each other, various NPCs from both campaigns, and the means of trading equipment, information, and merits back and forth between the two circles - indirectly aiding each other in your own, personal, storylines. Additionally, both groups will, eventually, come upon a location that allows the two groups to interact meaningfully on a regular basis, and serve as a home-base, while never being fully possessed by one circle or the other. Chasing Midnight will be a follow-up game for this second group every Friday evening, EDT (exact time TBD, as it was originally set to account for an EU player), following Unto Dawn, on Thursdays, that uses Roll20 for all of our dice, roleplay, and maps, while Discord will be used for Out-of-Character text and voice, as well as a between-session location to continue roleplay, with personalized In-Character chats for both games, as well as a shared IC, which can be used when the groups have a means of communicating across games. The intent is to help create a setting that lives and reacts to your actions. The aftermath of one game will show up in the actions of the other, allowing for dynamic play where one group can make things easier, or perhaps, harder for another group based on their actions. Chasing Midnight currently has three players, who have begun character creation, and is looking for at least one more, as or original fourth has not made any sort of contact in quite some time. This game is open to new players and experienced alike. Additionally, players must be willing to use either Skype or Discord (we prefer the latter, but Skype is always an option if Discord has any sort of service outage). Any questions should be posted here, rather than PM'd to me. I will likely interview potential players, along with the existing players, likely of both groups, as your ability to get along with a majority of the people playing is necessary factor in whether or not you'll be asked to participate. I'm looking for dedicated players, and storytellers; not someone who wants to show up and see if the game is going to be a good fit for you. If we can't figure that out by merely speaking with each other, or by reading this thread, then it is probably not the game for you, and saves me a lot of time and headaches. I understand that this sounds rude, but I'd rather be blunt, than go through players who just 'aren't that interested', or are looking for a very different experience. Additionally, because Exalted is a game that touches on mature subject matter, and the players come from all walks of life, anyone who feels the need to discriminate, be bigoted, racist or sexist has no place at our table. We joke about such things, but understand that there is no malice in such words. As well, anyone looking to get into the game for an 18+ experience will find themselves sorely disappointed. While I often use sex and sexuality to accentuate the setting, or build characters, it does not define the game. I will not have the game function as an ERP session for someone else. It's uncomfortable for everyone involved, and the point of the game is to have fun. For everyone involved. These might seem like common sense, but my experience has been... less than stellar at finding such players until it's too late.
You might remember me from the last thread. I am still interested. I'll elaborate: I am a european player, from sweden. Currently it's summer break (which is very long and lasts until late august) and i am working my ass off at the equivalent of a mcjob. I've therefore got a very uncontrolled schedule until august and can't really guarantee attendance every week until then. It sounds like a fun game though, so i'd like to apply still.
Telefax said: You might remember me from the last thread. I am still interested. I'll elaborate: I am a european player, from sweden. Currently it's summer break (which is very long and lasts until late august) and i am working my ass off at the equivalent of a mcjob. I've therefore got a very uncontrolled schedule until august and can't really guarantee attendance every week until then. It sounds like a fun game though, so i'd like to apply still. Again: being unable to attend regularly is a deal-breaker. It's a weekly campaign, having one player regularly unable to attend either breaks the narrative, or leaves the circle without options to resolve various situations. Your absence would, actively, hamper the rest of the players, or even cause the game to pause as a whole until you could play again. I am looking to make the game run as smoothly as possible. I have no more interest in your participation now than I did in the previous thread. Sorry.
Pushing this up, to note we're still looking.

Edited 1467348818
Alany
Plus
Hey! This may be a little late considering it's almost a week on from the original post, but are there any slots left? It seems you were having some issues finding people. And after looking at the LFG for Exalted, I found the actual thread. Nevermind about responding here then, I'll just go there.