Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gulo x Roxreez, 11th* of Abadarus.

Edited 1466868152
Dylan
Plus
Gulo looks at the guard house, it's top severely burnt from the dragon, repairs were possible, but whether or not it would be made priority over civilian homes would be another matter entirely. He turns his attention to Roxreez, the image of her bleeding out flashing in his mind once again "The squad survived, Sandpoint has been left mostly unscathed, a dragon lies dead in the market and you gained some scars to show for it all." he takes out his pipe, packing in the sour weed and taking a long drag "What you did was foolish, if you were in a hobgoblin army I would have let you bleed out, or one of your underlings would have killed you to take your position. You are a leader now Roxreez you cannot afford to be reckless, far too many of you now for you to go dying by acting like a headstrong human, do you understand?" he says, his voice low and harsh.
Roxreez sneers, her typical expression. "I am no weichenbauch, kommandant. My village was under attack and we Thistletops fight to the death." She hisses remembering the towering lumbering giants. She was supposed to die in battle, glorious, brave, and remembered for being strong. Instead, she was healed, brought back to the garrison and fussed over. "I am no weichenbauch!" she reiterates loudly, a proclamation really. "I am...stehlenbauch and unafraid to die."

Edited 1466880137
Dylan
Plus
"Come with me, Roxreez." he makes his way into the guardhouse, looking back to Roxreez  "You are no longer a Stehlenbauch Roxreez, that happened the day you decided to lead your fellow warriors into battle, that life is gone from you forever, only when you are too old and frail to lead may you seek a warriors death." finding an a place away from the prying ears of humans Gulo looks back to Roxreez, knelling down to be at eye level "Tell me Roreez, if you could get away with it would you kill me, here and now? Do not lie to me Kommandant." his voice is in deadly earnest, her answer deciding everything.
"Kill you?" Gave a short laugh. "No. You're far too useful. You have groomed the weichenbauch scheissekopfe in the Goblin squad to be useful. I could not have done and and there is more you will give me." She glares at him defiantly. "You will teach me, hobgoblin." This is no question.

Edited 1466882157
Dylan
Plus
Gulo is silent, a ghost of pride in his eye before he let's out a loud, bellowing laugh "I see you have lost some of fire Kommandant, are you sure you are the same goblin who tried to claw my eyes out during training? Rest assured when I am done training you, you will come to hate more then you ever have!" Gulo takes out his musket, talking as he loads "You have potential Roxreez, I knew from the first day I started with the goblin squad that you may be qualified, you have potential, but your fire must be tempered with skill, nerve, and coldness of a bugbear." now standing at his full height he looks to Roxreez, his voice returning to it's normal cold demeanor "Listen well, Roxreez, former goblin of Thistletop, Kommandant and Sherrif of the Sandpoint goblins, from this day onward I, Gulo, last living Jager of the Hobgoblin warband of Belkzen, will train you in the ways of the Jager, taught to me by my Jager, and his Jager before him, who learned it from the Ashen Bull himself. What I teach you you may never teach to any non initiate, do so and I will kill you, even if I have to rise from the grave and drag you to hell myself. Once you have started training there is no stopping, and you may tell no one of this training, do you understand?" he takes a step back, holding out the rifle just within Roxreez's reach.

Edited 1466882365
"Nein, Gulo. I hate you just the right amount." She frowns inclining her head. She grabs the rifle. "It turns out that I enjoy killing more." She narrows her eyes examining the weapon. "Wunderbar..."