Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Night after the Dragon (11th of Abadius)

Miro sits still much of the days events running through his mind.  He shakes his head in furious frustration as moves to speak to himself only to fail again, this time a small missle of frost flying to the wall.  So he quiets himself, taking a position of serinity.  It takes much longer than usual for Miro to enter his state of meditative concentration just do to the weight on his shoulders.  Finally his breathing becomes rythmic and lifes worries seem to, at least temporarily, lift from his shoulder.  In his minds eye he begins to search for that familiar feeling in the great beyond.  He had become used to this search as his god was at his very core, aloof.  Finally after an hour the sheer presure that Miro had come to associate with Nethys was found.  Like an obediant student Miro waits, his minds eye focused on this particular shread of his gods existance.  Much like prepairng spells he had to wait for his gods acceptance and acknowlegement before moving forward.
The energy of Nethys is passive, seeking knowledge and new magic. 
Miro quiets for a time but his frustrations paint his aura like a sun in the night.  Time passes until Miro finally "speaks" for fear he might run out of time.   "What must I do?...."  He pauses for a time and then continues.  "Tell me please... this affliction strangles me to the core.  To sit by and listen to those unenlightened and ..... slow.  It is worse than holding my hand in the flames that brought me here.  Tell me Nethys... what must I do?"
A sharp pain, like a searing firebrand to his mind, hits Miro so hard he is forced to recoil from the pain. Words, mundane words, burrow and writhe around his brain like worms made of molten lead. They erratically tunnel, making no sense, serving no purpose in generating this pain and Miro hears, all at once the sounds of people talking.  Words in every language. Talking. Talking. Talking about laundry. Talking about that bug over there. Talking about why a levee should be built. Talking about why a levee shouldn't be built. Talking about if she thinks this dress is the right color. Talking about which part of the human taste best.  Talking. Talking. Talking. And then the sound of arcane magic being spoken. The words are cooling and soothing. They are controlled, powerful, meaningful. The letters are like deep pools of the universe washing over Miro. They summon elementals of a certain size. They shield from a certain energy. They cause items to float. They cause minds to feel a certain emotion. They cause the body to move. They cause the body to not move. They cause fire to erupt from components. Magic. Miro sees in his mind a crowd of people of multiple, various races all casting spells. Speaking a common language. Magic. Bring me a work, a masterful creation, an artifact brings magic to the world of all who would aspire to wield it. Create it. Find it. Steal it. Rip it out of your soul.  It is only through magic that you will find freedom.  Your silken words are like piss in my ears. BRING ME MAGIC!! Miro's body goes heavy and cold as he feels abandoned in the mundane world, his connection with the divine abruptly ended.