Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Synovia x Hannah

After to battle to save the city, and still injured from the battle, Synovia works till dinner time helping clear rubble from the streets and helping Ameiko find places for the people who were displaced. When she finally settles down for dinner, she is exhausted, and  in pain. Every wound seems to burn and there is a pain in her abdomen that is like a dull ache. She winces and thinks to herself  "what do you expect, you fought a dragon." She eats a little of the food Ameiko brings her then goes to her room. Remembering the potions Miro returned to her eailer, she takes one knowing that she will feel better in the morning. Sometime in the night she stirs as feels the warm embrace of Imanhee's arms enfold her.   In the morning, her wounds have indeed healed but the dull aches in her belly turns into a knife slicing into her. Feeling something is not right, she looks for Miro, not finding him she heads to Hannah's and knocks on the door.
The door swings open and a young girl looks up at Synovia. "Sorry, miss. Are you in labor? Can you just hold it in for one more hour, I -" "Leigh! I need more towels!" comes Hannah'a shout. A woman screams in pain. "Put your back into it, Abadonna! That's it!" Leigh yelps and not shutting the door runs to a credenza and swings open the doors. "There's no towels, Hannah!" "GET ME TOWEL, YOU DOE-EARED LAMBLING OR I'LL BE USING YOUR FROCK!"
Synovia steps into the room tearing the bottom of her dress, to Hannah she says "Will this due?" to the girl she says "No I am not in labor, just the wounds of battle." As another sharp pain stabs into her stomach, she says "I can come back later."
Leigh sighs shaking her head at the rag. "No, we need -" Another scream from the woman in the back room pierces the air, disrupting their conversation as Leigh winces. "Thatta girl, Donna! Another one like that and we'll be set as seasons!" Hannah's voice sounds both determined and triumphant. "Proper towels." the girl finishes rushing for the door. "Since you're not in labor, stay here for me while I run to General Store. Hannah! I have to run to the store for towels." "DON'T RUN, CHILD! FLY! WE'LL BE ANKLES DEEP IN NEW LIFE!"
"No Leigh you stay, I got this." Synovia flies out the door to the Dragon grabs all the clean towels she can get and flies back to Hannahs. "Here you go"
The girl hurries the towels back to Hannah while a woman's groan can be heard and the cry of a newborn child. It's many minutes but Hannah comes out, wiping her hands and forearms draw from being washed. She looks to look at Synovia with concern. "And what ails you? I've delivered 3 welps today. 2 of them early."
"It is probably nothing, I mean I did fight a dragon yesterday, but usually..." she pauses as another pain hits her "but usually after Miro heals me and beside a few aches and pains, I am fine. This is different, it feels like I am being stabbed repeatedly."
Hannah sighs. "Adventurers." She puts her hands on Synovia's cheeks and checks the girl's pupils. Shifting the head up and down, she nods approving at Synovia's face. "A bit pale but considering what you've been through..." she trails off. She continues her physical examination, running her hands gently  along Synovia's body. "When was the last time ye had intercourse?" she asks frankly?
Synovia blushes, "Well, umm...the night before the battle, and then before I left Sandpoint."
The elven woman frowned, like a very concerned, moderately disappointed mother who would surely chastise her child after  she dealt with an immediate emergency. Synovia's frame was sturdy and young and Hannah felt confident that Synovia could take a lot before an enemy would lay her low and that's what worried her.  In her experience, people built like Synovia were reckless. Sure, it was justifiable - of a kind- but it was risky and more mothers mourned a fool and all the more a hardy one. "In all this time, have you taken any serious wounds? Fought to nearly dead? Experienced an attack that ye' thought'd rip your guts out?"
"I just Fought a dragon, got bit a few times, clawed several, slammed with his tail, I think that was in the stomach,  I'm almost sure I was almost dead, when Miro got to me."
If were possible for a scowl to to be any deeper while still remaining a scowl, Hannah just scowled the deepest she could. With an audible grunt of disapproval, Hannah went to the her cabinet of herbs and began scooping out small amounts of dried plants and minerals. She placed all the ingredients in a small glass canister.  "I'm not leaf fresh out of the bud, dear," Hannah stated putting the canister and a few other items in a cotton sack. "You're young, in love, energetic," she turned and walked back to Synovia with purpose, holding out the bag. "And stupid. I can't be certain without something more thorough but I can tell you it doesn't matter "At some point, young lass, you'll need to decide to either be an adventurer or to be a family woman. Until you make that choice, I recommend you do us all a favor and be sure that no children, born or not, have to suffer your choices. The tea will clear you out, the tincture will keep you hail and hearty, and the biscuits will soothe your conscious." 

Edited 1466966538
Synovia looks at her blankly "I don't quite understand, was the dragon somehow poisonous? "
Hannah made the choice to never be a direct mother. She had delivered many children and guided many women to deliver young children should then go on to see and treat later in life but she never, herself, bore a life of her own and some might say mores the pity. The elven herbalist and cleric of Gozreh was a maternal natural and she consciously chose to leave the elven cities to see the turmoil of shorter lives with her own eyes and to better those ephemeral snapshots as best she could. Perhaps her passion was tinged with regret or perhaps it was made better for the focus she could wield having all the free time in the world to fuss over others' children and those children's children still. It was this passion, deep in the soul of a creature having seen centuries and the very birth of this village that fueled her righteous anger now. "NO, YOU DIM FIREFLY! You have, like the whores of the Kitten, sex without lambskin or tonic with your glowing, blue eyed love and you then go traipse through hell, highwater, and havoc and come to me with," she did her best to look doe-eyed and dumb, "'Oh, Hannah, my tummy aches and whatever could it be?' It could be a whole hosted party of woe, little pup. It could be your womb permanently damaged by scars, it could be that one o' y' ovaries - the bits what hold yer lambs - ruptured, it could be that a very child o' yer, growin' like a pea shoot was smashed to pulp and now y' body must be rid of it." "It could be any one o' those tragedies, oh warrior mine. An' I'm not havin' a go at you, I'm tellin' you facts! Now fortunately, you wear armor in battle and that helps bit, but I'll tell you what, you keeping racking up battles that leave the scars that I see and you'll be as barren as the Osirian wastes before long! Is your armor even proper magical, lass?! The kind of fights you fight, you ought to wear proper magical armor..." The steam was rising from the healer, nearly visible in her tirade. "Oh, and -" she continued. "DON'T BE HAVING SEX WITHOUT PROTECTION, YOU WILTED NUNCE! You see where it got Gildy and for heaven's sake, I'm still reading up on how I'm going to deliver those pups! I'll be damned to Rovagug's gullet, if I deliver a child o' yours brain dead from trauma! FOR GOZREH'S SAKE! Kids today!" She started to furiously clean the shop, forgetting somewhere in her rant that she was bearing down on Synovia specifically and not her generation, well, generally. Throwing things back in their place was punctuated with angry muttering.
Synovia looks horrified, tears in her eyes, "I......the dragon came so quickly, I could don my armor... what.have I done." She turns and runs from Hannah's forgetting all about the bag.