Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Shadowrun 5e All-in-one Initiative Macro

Edited 1467229883
I was thinking of running a game of Shadowrun 5e, but neither myself nor any of my friends have played Shadowrun 5e before. So I wanted to automate as much as possible. I came up with this: ?{Type|Combat Turn, [[(?{Intuition|1}+?{Reaction or Processing|1})+?{Dice|1}d6 &{tracker}]] | Initiative Pass, -[[10 &{tracker:-}]] | Other, [[?{Flat|0}+?{Dice|0}d6 &{tracker:+}]] } When you run the macro, it will give you a drop-down menu for "Combat Turn," "Initiative Pass," and "Other." Combat turn will prompt for Intuition, as well as Reaction/Processing, and how many initiative dice. Will add your token with that initiative to the turn order. At the end of each round, have players run it again and use the Initiative Pass option, which will reduce their Initiative by 10 per the rules. Anything else is covered by "Other," which will prompt for a flat value and a number of dice. So when you need to roll those three extra dice because you hot jumped into the matrix, you can click "Other" and have them all added to the current turn. It should be made either a token action or a macro available to all players. You don't want to try to edit the macro once you've saved it in the game because if you try to edit it you will have problems. Nesting variables and such, it breaks things. I had fun making this and I hope other people get some use out of it. Edit: Code block version. Copy/paste this one. Nevermind
This doesn't seem to work for me.  I get options for Combat Turn but the 2nd option in the drop down just says "1".  It looks like Combat Turn works and adds to the initiative, but not certain about the 2nd option.

Edited 1467148022
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try this: ?{Type| Combat Turn, [[ (?{Intuition|1} + ?{Reaction or Processing|1}) + ?{Dice|1}d6 &{tracker} ]]  | Initiative Pass, -[[ 10 &{tracker:-} ]]  | Other, [[ ?{Flat|0} + ?{Dice|0}d6 &{tracker: + } ]] } The forums used by Roll20 convert HTML entities by nature. These conversions happen when HTML entities are pasted into the post editor box and when a post is submitted. One way to avoid these two conversions is to break HTML entities with a space (e.g. & #125;). Alternatively, here's the procedure which I use to ensure that the HTML entities with forum posts I submit are intact: Use an external text editor (e.g. Notepad++) to type or copy out a post (or at least the sections which contain its HTML entities). When finished, use the text editor's Replace All feature to replace all instances of & with & Doing so applies two 'layers' of HTML entities, which are converted instead of initial HTML entities during the next two steps. Copy and paste the post from the text editor into a code box within the forum's post editor box. Submit the post! Here's a little .gif that demonstrates the above procedure (click on it to play):
Ah I see. When I posted it, it had all all of the HTML codes. I didn't look over it again after I had posted, so I guess that it converted. Didn't think to do a code block or something. Don't know the forums very well. Thanks @Silvyre