Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Synovia x ? after Hannah

After leaving Hannah's, Synovia pulls herself together and goes to the Rusty Dragon. Ignoring anyone that speaks to her, she goes straight to her room, gathers her gear and heads downstairs, as she walks out the door she tells one of the waitresses "If anyone asks I am headed to the catacombs."
As she heads to the glassworks, Synovia tries to push down her feelings of guilt and despair by focusing on the task at hand, but everywhere she looks she sees families working together to rebuild and clean up, she hears the laughter of children, and recalls the harsh words of Hannah condemning her for her stupidity and selfishness. She begins to see visions of a beautiful baby with Imanhee's piercing eyes laughing and cooing as his father lifts him and lightly toss him in the air and catches him. They continue the game a few times but on the last time the beautiful child morphs into a bloodied broken mass of bones it faces her and says "Mommy why didn't you protect me?"   As she reaches the glassworks, unable to maintain her facade, she crumbles into a heap on the steps sobbing as her heart shatters like glass.
Coming out of the glassworks Gulo shadow sweeps over Synovia, going over the revised goblin census, mutting their names in goblins. He looks down, as if just noticing Synovia, sobbing for all the world to see "Why are you crying?" said in his normal, cold manner.
In a barely audible whisper "I've killed him."
"You have killed many things, some of them I assume male, you will need to be more specific." he says, leaning against the wall.
She looks at Gulo with a sad smile, "You are right, and I don't even know if it was male. In my vision though, so I have that as a reference." She pauses taking a shuddering breath, wondering if she could actually say it out loud. "My child, Gulo. My unborn child."
Gulo raises a brow "That is what you are crying about? A life that was not even a life? I will never understand humans for as long as I live." he takes out his pipe, taking in a drag "You are a warrior and a leader of people Synovia, you must sacrifice everything for the greater good, just as you did today. Your mate understands that, as does Hemlock, and it is too late to turn from this life now." plumes of smoke bellow from Gulo's nostrils, looking down at Synovia "So do not waste your tears on things that can never be."

Edited 1467125150
"First of all, no one else knows, and to most of my people an unborn child is a life. But you are right, there are too many things that need to be done and no one else to do them. We need to find the artifact, reinforce our defenses, check the status of the hinterlands, and I need my horse." she stands quickly and sways as a wave of dizziness hits her, and starts to head back to Hannah's remembering the medicines she left there. 
"Indeed, thou I think you do not realize how much work lies ahead of you, your sleepy village has changed, reborn in the fires of a dragon, people will urge for more defense, more shored walls, better armaments, siege weapons, and they will need a strong leader to guide them." a slow smile grows on Gulo's face "I will not lie, I could not be happier."
She reaches Hannah's and goes in. "I am just here for the medicines I left." she says as she looks around for the bag.