Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Walls for map making?

I've found a few to use but considering I've only got 2 standalone sets of walls and a few purchased maps that include walls in the tiles I feel lacking in resources. I want to know if anyone knows where to just get some walls for map making, ones that take up the lines that map up the grids (Like the drawn lines one can do.). I've looked some on the marketplace but so far all I've seen were ones that also included the floor tile as well.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There is a wide variety of walls inside various packages. Take for example Redcaps Maps towns construction . Scroll about halfway down and you will see inner sections  There is also Gabriel's  vile tile stone wall set. That is outdoor stoneblock walls. There is also the  Dungeon Depth tiles by Stephen Shomo that have walls. If you are looking for a more sci-fi feel you can take a look at the  Sci-fi set by Saul Wynne. If you let us know what type of style you need the walls for we can try to help you.

Edited 1467091738
I was looking at the vile tile stone wall set actually, it was alright in my opinion. The Dungeon Depth tiles have a good deal of interesting wall shapes, when I have some spending money I will certainly look at that. Too bad we can't add sets to a wishlist to remember them, haha. Mostly it comes down to variety to me, having a nice deal of choices when making a map is welcome since one might look more appropriate than another. Edit: Ah, for a type I'd say fantasy. I DM a 5e D&D game and sometimes help the DM from another 5e D&D game I play make maps.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What I have done is downloaded the package that I will be using for my maps then used gimp to slice a wall or few off the main tiles so they would stay consistent with the art. I would then upload those specific walls to be used with that tile set.
I haven't used Gimp before, is grabbing the walls from other tile sets difficult for a beginner?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I will pm you more information as that subject is considered off-topic for roll20.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
What specific reason is it that you are looking for walls only? Is it so you can change floor patterns? OR Is it so you can customize the size of the rooms?
Size of the rooms is the closest to it. I have loads of floor tiles to use but few choice of walls to hold them in. After a while it gets repetitive.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Not sure about town buildings and such but for dungeons, I made a set that has a variety of different room and hall sizes that allow you to customize the locations of the doors and passage openings. Not sure if they would help, but here is the link... Dungeon Versa Tiles Curious as to the demand for different floors with different wall types. It's possible to make a set that is compatible with those. I may consider a future town building set with that in mind.