Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miro x ? on his way to Hanna's 11th abadius

Miro walks towards Hanna's quill and parchment in hand.  His mind was reeling after his conversation with Nethys.  An artifact.  How or where was he to find an artifact.  An item so rare and powerful to attain such status were nearly impossible.  Its not like one could just waltz to the item shop and find an item of such quality.  For now he had to focus on home.  While Sandpoint had come off mostly unscathed its people were in shambles and now he had four giants to deal with.  He had stepped deep in the dunes this time.  He shakes his head as he looks to the street.  Just as he does though he sees synovia appear from Hanna's shop.  Shrugging he makes his way to her.  (Roll of 31)  "Synobia.... are you okay?  You are not still en-jad from battle are you?"  He says rushing over to her and looking her up and down as a practiced physician would.
Startled, she looks up and tries to hide her emotions, "Miro, the injuries from the fight are healed. I'm...fine. What brings you to Hannah's?"
Miro looks to synovia and his eyes narrow as he looks to her.  (58 rolled).  He sighs in frustration and pulls out his parchment.  {I am fine Synovia... I come to check on the towns injured to see where I can be of help.  But you .... are never fine when you pause before you say it. (Sense Motive 35).  Talk to me my sister, what ails you?}  He writes and then holds up the parchment to her.  He continues to scan the area in stone silence as she reads.
She hangs her head, and the tears come again and she whispers "I have killed my child." then sinks to the ground.
     Miro cocks his head much like a puppy hearing a sound for the first time.  Cocked to the left and a confused look on his tiny face.  He steps up to his sister and wraps his small arms around her neck to embrace her as best he can at his size.  He holds her for as long as her weeping continues in silence unable to speak and unwilling to risk what could go wrong while trying to comfort her.  Slowly he strokes her hair and pats the spot between her shoulders while she weeps.
"I didn't know, I should have, but I didn't. How do I tell him? How do I tell Imahnee that I may never give him a child. What do I do Miro?"
     Miro looks down to his sister quietly while she weeps.  Then he steadies himself and looks to her.  He reaches down and takes her chin in his tiny hands.  They were like steel cold and hard against her.  He pulled her gaze to his and smiles down softly.  (Roll 22 to speak)  "My dear sista... there are many things you must first know.  1) such things happen to even the most practiced motha... a child is easy to loose within the first day... why do you think hanna's herbs works so well. Two...  Your actions this day saved an entire village of families... YOUR actions and no otha's.  And three... "  At this he smiles his widest.  "You were not pregnant.  (Bluff 43)  Trust in me, as I had enchantments upon you that would tell me such things."
She raises an eyebrow, "Miro thanks for trying, but the evidance says other wise, and you have not answered the question what do I tell the man I love?"
   Miro looks to her a serious look in his face.  He opens his mouth to speak (84 to speak. )  and a sudden orb of acid flys in the direction of Hanna's place of business and lands squarely below her window leaving an acrid smell below it.  Miro takes the parchment from her and scrawls quickly.  {Synovia these things do not work like this... You and Imanhee were loud enough to wake all of magnamar from your bed.  And while the act is instant a child is far from such.  How many times have I cast my status spell on you, I would know these things Synovia!}  He looks down to her his eyes knotted together.
That was not the first time Miro
     Miro looks to his sister his eyes wide.  Then sorrow takes his visage.  He moves to speak and fails.  This time not of any magical curse or accord but because no words come to mind.  He pulls her into a tight embrace his small form shaking in earnest.  He pulls her back and kisses her forehead.  Then motions for her to rise and begins to walk encouraging her to follow him as he makes his way to the rusty dragon.  Finally there he sits her at the table and sits her down.  He turns to speak and again no words come to mind.  His face holds that dark look of pure loss and sorrow.  Then he leaves motioning for her to stay.
Synovia watches Miro leave, then takes the medicines into the kitchen and starts to brew them according to Hannah's instructions. As she waits for them she makes a list of things that need to be done before the next attack. The first of whoich is to find and destroy the artifact in the catacombs.