Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Any Game: New player open to learning

Hello all! I'm Samcat. I've been actively role playing through writing on forums for quite a few years, and have within the past year or so become more familiar with the tabletop version of it. It seems a little intimidating, but at the same time I'm fascinated by it. I'm looking to become more comfortable and familiar with the style if possible. I bought a D&D 3.5E handbook a year ago which I've only used twice, however I'm open to learning different game systems if anyone has the patience for a new player. I'm a little more comfortable with fantasy-type games, evidenced by the 3.5E handbook I mentioned, but I'm open to other genres as well. Currently my schedule is open every evening except for Tuesdays. My daytime hours are typically busy, but I'm free after 6 or 7 pm PST. Weekends are kind of hit or miss. If anyone has a game that needs a player, and if the present players want to introduce their game to a new player, let me know. Thanks!
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1462126/f" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1462126/f</a>... Hi Samcat, if you're into roleplaying interesting characters, enjoy developing the story and aren't a disruptive gamer, then I hope this new campaign I'm starting will be of interest. Cheers, G.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Hey Graham T., Only Plus and Pro subscribers can make their games visible to the public ; by default a link such as <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s</a> ... is only visible to players already in the game. The best way to handle this situation is to create a Looking for Group listing ; even if you do not enable it for viewing in the LFG Directory you can share the link with others and have a separate Listing Discussion forum just for those potentially interested in your game. As a bonus, anyone who posts to your game's Listing Discussion forum will have a big blue button by their username and all a GM has to is click 'Invite to Game' and an invitation will be sent their way. I hope this helps, happy gaming! :)
Thanks GenKitty.
I'm with Sam. Done writing RP's, want to dip into tabletop. Also can't play before 7pm PST. So, Sam, share your good finds with me! Let me know if you find a group willing to play at such a time with such newbs!
Samcat said: Hello all! I'm Samcat. I've been actively role playing through writing on forums for quite a few years, and have within the past year or so become more familiar with the tabletop version of it. It seems a little intimidating, but at the same time I'm fascinated by it. I'm looking to become more comfortable and familiar with the style if possible. I bought a D&D 3.5E handbook a year ago which I've only used twice, however I'm open to learning different game systems if anyone has the patience for a new player. I'm a little more comfortable with fantasy-type games, evidenced by the 3.5E handbook I mentioned, but I'm open to other genres as well. Currently my schedule is open every evening except for Tuesdays. My daytime hours are typically busy, but I'm free after 6 or 7 pm PST. Weekends are kind of hit or miss. If anyone has a game that needs a player, and if the present players want to introduce their game to a new player, let me know. Thanks! Charlotte E. said: I'm with Sam. Done writing RP's, want to dip into tabletop. Also can't play before 7pm PST. So, Sam, share your good finds with me! Let me know if you find a group willing to play at such a time with such newbs! I might be looking for players for a Fate Core game. Would you guys be interested in that?

Edited 1469487696
What is the difference between PST and CST? I am free Friday anytime after 4pm CST and all day Saturday and Sunday. I work mornings currently till 330pm and will be starting school in evenings two days a week for my final college course. I am currently looking for players for a possible Big Eyes Small Mouth game. Its an anime based game system using d6's. I'll send you the PDF when I next get a chance to do so if interested. PM if you would like to know more. :)
Just to add a little clarification on what I'm looking for since this is still getting attention: I've learned the mic I have currently is unreliable, so I've since altered my search to text-based games. I'm better at writing out my character's actions anyway, so I find this more comfortable for me overall. I've joined two games so far, one that meets regularly on Wednesdays and another that is more spontaneous. I might be joining a game on Fridays from 11am-2pm, but if something else works around that schedule I could be interested. Also, I believe the difference between PST and CST is two hours? But I'm not 100% sure, I could be wrong.
Hey Samcat, I have a game starting on the 8th and wanted to see if your interested. I dont mind helping my player learn a system as it only builds up the community. My uses the star wars saga system and I can email you a copy of the books if needed. Here is a link to the listing if your interested. &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52274/star-wars-vs-dbz" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52274/star-wars-vs-dbz</a>
Hi Demon, thanks for responding. As intriguing as your game concept is, I think I'll need to pass on it. It's listed as a voice and video game, and I'm restricting my search to text-based games because of an unreliable mic. I wouldn't be able to participate well in a voice and video game, and I'm also not at the comfort level for video yet either. Thank you for the offer, though.