Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll 20 on the go

Hi, I'm looking to get into gaming via Roll 20, and I downloaded the iPad app for this, but then I discovered that the App is just a companion? and I still need a computer to join a game? Please tell me this isn't so and that I can join and play games via my iPad when I'm on the road. I can't afford to go and buy a laptop :(
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This  roll20 table on a tablet wiki page should answer your initial questions about playing roll20 on your Ipad. The  roll20 app is a different horse and as you found out it is more of a companion than a full site. The free-to-use mobile tablet applications focused on player-specific portions of Roll20. The simplest summary of what these applications are aimed to do would be "things you hold in your hand" at an in-person gaming table.
Awesome, thank you.