Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Control-doubleclick to open directly to character sheet tab from token

As it stands, I can reach the Bio & Info tab by shift-doubleclick, and the Attributes & Abilities tab by alt-doubleclick.  The tab I use most often, far more than those other two, doesn't have a shortcut!  Please make control-doubleclick open directly to the character sheet tab!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heck, I'd even take switching alt-doubleclick's behavior to opening the character sheet tab instead. Maybe have it default to the char sheet tab, and if there is no char sheet tab, then it opens the attributes&abilities tab. Regardless, +1 for an excellent idea.
I'd also like to see this feature implemented. Character sheets are 99.9% of what I use Characters in the Handouts tab for anyway. Good suggestion!
I was just coming to request this... and here it is. I would be okay with shift+alt+DC, ctrl+DC, or really ANY other keyboard shortcut opening the Char Sheet...
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I would be for the regular shift-DC opening to the Character Sheet tab.
Definitely down for something along this line. I use the character sheet tab very, very frequently, and especially when you're rolling from roll buttons on  the character sheet, it's important to be able to get in and out fast. It's not a huge time sink to click over to the correct tab, of course, but it'd be nice not to have to. All those little "shift-double-click to open bio and info, then click over to character sheet" things do get to you after a while, especially if you're the GM and having to do it for a bunch of different creatures. I think it's best if this has its own keyboard shortcut - I'm sure there's some who use the bio&info tab a ton, and some who use the abilities tab a ton, so I wouldn't want to replace those shortcuts...but this should definitely have one!
I will pile on this as well.  I am watching as many videos as I can to prepare for my first roll 20 GM session and i am so confused why this isn't an option.  I would love to see this in a future release.  Thanks!
This would be so helpful when using modules such a LMOP.

Edited 1521297415
I added this in a similar topic to this. This enhancement seems like fairly low hanging fruit to me. You can see the code where this is being controlled in the HTML below. This would be a extremely nice quality of life enhancement for DMs running multiple NPCs on a map. It's actually been a big pet peeve of mine personally since I started DMing on Roll20. t.on("dblclick", function (e) {     if (e.target && "text" == e.target.type) d20.engine.editText(e.target, e.pageX, e.pageY);     else if (e.target && "image" == e.target.type && e.target.model)         if ( (e.e.e.shiftKey || e.e.e.altKey) && "" !== e.target.model.get("represents")) {             console.log("Show token's character...");             var t = d20.Campaign.characters.get(e.target.model.get("represents"));             if (t) {                 var n = t.get("inplayerjournals").split(",");                 (window.is_gm || -1 !== _.indexOf(n, "all") || window.currentPlayer && -1 !== _.indexOf(n, window.currentPlayer.id)) && t.view.showDialog()             }             e.e.e.altKey ? $(".dialog[data-characterid=" + e.target.model.get("represents") + "] .characterviewer ul.nav a[data-tab='attributesabilities']").trigger("click") : $(".dialog[data-characterid=" + e.target.model.get("represents") + "] .characterviewer ul.nav a[data-tab='bioinfo']") .trigger("click")         } else e.target.model.trigger("showtokeneditor") }); I'm pretty sure a simple switch with a check for null (in the case the game doesn't use a character sheet) similar to below. t.on("dblclick", function (e) {     if (e.target && "text" == e.target.type) d20.engine.editText(e.target, e.pageX, e.pageY);     else if (e.target && "image" == e.target.type && e.target.model)         if ((e.e.e.shiftKey || e.e.e.altKey || e.e.e.ctrlkey ) && "" !== e.target.model.get("represents")) {             console.log("Show token's character...");             var t = d20.Campaign.characters.get(e.target.model.get("represents"));             if (t) {                 var n = t.get("inplayerjournals").split(",");                 (window.is_gm || -1 !== _.indexOf(n, "all") || window.currentPlayer && -1 !== _.indexOf(n, window.currentPlayer.id)) && t.view.showDialog()             }             switch (e.e.e) {                 case altkey:                     $(".dialog[data-characterid=" + e.target.model.get("represents") + "] .characterviewer ul.nav a[data-tab='attributesabilities']").trigger("click")                     break;                 case  shiftKey:                     $(".dialog[data-characterid=" + e.target.model.get("represents") + "] .characterviewer ul.nav a[data-tab='bioinfo']").trigger("click")                     break;                 case ctrlkey && $charsheet != null:                     $(".dialog[data-characterid=" + e.target.model.get("represents") + "] .characterviewer ul.nav a[data-tab='charsheet']").trigger("click")                     break;                 default:             }         } else e.target.model.trigger("showtokeneditor") }); Not sure if that comparison operator needs to be != or !==. I know c#, not javascript.
I would also enjoy a shortcut to the character sheet

Edited 1532435742
We're at two years, I believe you have to get to 3 before your post gets recognized. I'm coming back to this though because frankly, I'm wasting hours of time writing macros to overcome the multiple clicks it takes to get to the Character Sheet. Roll20 has made the Charctersheets such a fundamental part of Roll20, no more so with the Charactermancer. Yet they still do not offer a simple way to get to them. This is hands down my biggest pet-peeve with this platform, especially, when it seems to me, such a simple thing to overcome. When I run a game and I have multiple PCs and NPCs this is by far the biggest time waster I deal with. I mean, they even have advanced hotkeys for simple things in the game. I just do not understand why adding a hotkey to open the character sheet of the selected token is so hard.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're updating this behavior so that the alt+double click behavior is to open the character with the sheet tab selected if you're using a character sheet, otherwise default back to opening the Attributes and Abilities tab.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: We're updating this behavior so that the alt+double click behavior is to open the character with the sheet tab selected if you're using a character sheet, otherwise default back to opening the Attributes and Abilities tab. That's a nice quality of life change.  Cool.
Hooray! Thanks, Steve!
Oh my goodness, squeee, hooorah, and all the other things!
Timely, thanks!
Ah, finally :) Thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is now on the Dev server for testing
I just checked this out on Dev, you have no idea how happy this makes me. This is like an itch I could never reach finally being relieved. I'm beyond happy about this simple change. Now, I'm probably pushing my luck here, and it's probably its own beast. But since we're on topic of opening character sheets; would there be anyway to make the character sheets autosize when they open for the first time? Below, you can see the default size on the left, and the typically adjusted size on the right. I know this seems to be predefined by the larger of the character sheets used (ie. the PC sheet), but was wondering if "auto-size" was an easy enough switch to add. Please don't take that as being unsatisfied, I'm elated this has finally made it in!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Glad we could meet your needs! For the resizing of character sheets, that seems like it's a separate suggestion, and one that might get some good traction. Would you be willing to make that as a separate thread? Jeremy said: I just checked this out on Dev, you have no idea how happy this makes me. This is like an itch I could never reach finally being relieved. I'm beyond happy about this simple change. Now, I'm probably pushing my luck here, and it's probably its own beast. But since we're on topic of opening character sheets; would there be anyway to make the character sheets autosize when they open for the first time? Below, you can see the default size on the left, and the typically adjusted size on the right. I know this seems to be predefined by the larger of the character sheets used (ie. the PC sheet), but was wondering if "auto-size" was an easy enough switch to add. Please don't take that as being unsatisfied, I'm elated this has finally made it in!
Stephanie B. said: Glad we could meet your needs! For the resizing of character sheets, that seems like it's a separate suggestion, and one that might get some good traction. Would you be willing to make that as a separate thread? Jeremy said: I just checked this out on Dev, you have no idea how happy this makes me. This is like an itch I could never reach finally being relieved. I'm beyond happy about this simple change. Now, I'm probably pushing my luck here, and it's probably its own beast. But since we're on topic of opening character sheets; would there be anyway to make the character sheets autosize when they open for the first time? Below, you can see the default size on the left, and the typically adjusted size on the right. I know this seems to be predefined by the larger of the character sheets used (ie. the PC sheet), but was wondering if "auto-size" was an easy enough switch to add. Please don't take that as being unsatisfied, I'm elated this has finally made it in! I'm out of votes at the moment to create a new thread. And my next suggestion is going to be blocking player access to NPC attributes through macros most likely.
Actually, since this is happening at some level, I'm going to pull my vote from this project and use it to get a new suggestion going.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now live.