Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Games Sorted by Creation date.

Edited 1468550499
I would like to see a feature where games can be sorted by Campaign Creation date. A lot of the time, I find myself browsing for a game, but find it very hard to find a newly opened game to apply to. Most of the games I find have 1 slot opened, but the applications are months old. That tells me the GM is leaving that a lot open, just to remain listed. Well, that doesn't help me, or GMs actually looking for players matching. It's just fodder that we have to sift through to get to an actual game we can apply to. This will not effect the players looking to fill that last slot if it is actually available, because they can simply not sort the list that way.
Gold
Forum Champion
Indubitably said: I would like to see a feature where games can be sorted by Campaign Creation date. A lot of the time, I find myself browsing for a game, but find it very hard to find a newly opened game to apply to. Most of the games I find have 1 slot opened, but the applications are months old. That tells me the GM is leaving that a lot open, just to remain listed. Well, that doesn't help me, or GMs actually looking for players matching. It's just fodder that we have to sift through to get to an actual game we can apply to. This will not effect the players looking to fill that last slot if it is actually available, because they can simply not sort the list that way. Good suggestion, Indubitably. It sounds like you want to sort games by Creation Date in the "Find A Game" search. Just to clarify your idea isn't for the My Games page (which I believe is sorted by most-recently-played). Just a side note though, there are multiple reasons why a game might have 1 slot open in LFG, and applications appear months old. Perhaps the game started and concluded, and now the GM is refreshing everything to run the game again, anew, from the start.  Or perhaps the game started months ago with 5 players, and eventually 1 player had to drop-out for life reasons, now the GM is opening that slot up to recruit a replacement player.
Yeah that is what I meant. Sorry. It would be a nice feature to the gamers who would like to find a fresh start. 

Edited 1493762423
I would spend all of my votes on this if I could. I am searching for new games, and I can't search for how new they are?
Have I mentioned how incredibly frustrating this is? I can see why you might want other ways to sort in addition to "by date" (i.e., from newest posting to oldest posting), but I can think of no rational explanation why this, the most obvious sort option, would be missing.

Edited 1518485123
I like this idea as well. I've also been having the same difficulty and wanted the same solution. I found there's a similar conversation on this thread.&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4606956/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4606956/slug%7D</a>
How is this still not implemented?
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .