Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Synovia x the Giants

Synovia walks through town toward the Giant. As she walks she thinks of what to say to them. She approaches the rope that bind him, raises her sword above her head and brings it down on them severing the rope and releasing the giant. "I will walk with you to the edge of the city and you and you people are free to go.'' She walks with the Giant to the gate. Stopping before the giants she says "My name is Synovia, would you honor me with your names and a moment of your time?''
As she approaches and draws out her sword, Grady raises an eyebrow and says "They send you to finish this one off by yourself,Synovia? No offense, but I don't think you're gonna get through his thick neck in one cut."  "You're right about that Grady. Good thing I'm not here to execute him. I am setting him free."  A look of horror then anger "YOU'RE WHAT!  ARE YOU CRAZY! The town will skin you alive. Why are you setting this bastard free."  Very calmly she replies "He kept his word and, with the consent of the Council, I will keep ours." and she proceeds to cut the rope. 
As she half runs to keep up, she can hear whispers and see people glaring, out of nowhere a rock hits her shoulder and hits the Giant. She swings around to see who through it and sees Imahnee holding the wrist of Grumph. looking in Grumph's hand is another rock. seeing the murderous look on Imahnee's face, she calls out "We are fine, however, could you arrest Mr. Grumph for assault?" She turns back to the Giant "I am sorry for that, tempers are a little heated."  As she arrives at the gate, she says to all the Giants "Just a few weeks ago, I was a warrior attacking a settlement of Goblins. I killed so many of them that my body was bathed in blood. My companions and I had destroyed their bridge and cut them off from there hunting grounds. They had been the first wave of the evil that has befallen our town. But the fighting ended and we were victorious. I, however, did not want these goblins as ememies. So I brought our best engineers to rebuild their bridge. Now we have an agreement to let each other live in peace. Some of these goblins fought you today, some are part of our City Guard, and many work in our glassworks making things of great beauty. I call many of them friend. You fought with strength and courage, and I do not wish to be your enemy. I would like you to speak with your people and see if they would agree to, if not be our friend and ally, at least don't be our enemy, and to consider helping to repair the damage caused here. We are not our ancestors, just as you are not yours. We do not have much to gain by being enemies and possibly much to gain by being allies."  After a short pause, She gestures toward the road, "You are free to go," She watches them walk down the road for a few minutes, then turns and walks back toward the Garrison to speak with Imahnee and Grumph.