Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 4e auto-calc values

I'm DM'ing a D&D 4e game and we're having an issue with some of the auto-filled stats on the character sheet.  hp-bloodied & surge-value are staying at 0 instead of automatically basing off the max hp.  Also, abilities aren't being added to the defenses.  (Yes, I know about the settings to choose which ability to apply, but they're staying at 0)  I went through all my players' char sheets to manually correct all the numbers, but I don't know why they stopped working when they worked fine before.  The last time we played was on Memorial Day weekend, so it worked correctly before the May changelog.  
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have occasionally had an issue with the 4E sheet where my bloodied/surge value wouldn't update until I closed the sheet and re-opened it. Perhaps try the "Windows solution" (turn it off and on again)? =D
lol.  I gave the off and on again a try several times.  Even with no one else in the game.  No luck.  I've even deleted the max hp and re-entered it, and that didn't work.
The same happend to all of my players. Wasn't there something that all values containing empty Strings convert to zero? Perhaps this could be the reason.
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
While I've played 4e, I've never used this sheet on Roll20. Have these fields ever "auto-calculated"? I'm looking at the code for the sheet and there is no code in there to do that kind of thing, they are just plain attributes like everything else. From what I can tell everything has to be calculated manually. This kind of thing would be really easy to add, if you could find a sheet author with a few min on their hands to add it. :P

Edited 1468960958
The sheet used to auto-calc, but there had been an update that made the following manual to input: HP surge/bloodied values, defense mods, and the power blocks have different drop-down options for when you use @{power-#-damage} and attack (and you may need to update that as well). I am on my phone, so I can not link to you when this update had been made, but it was about a month or so ago. EDIT: Here is the  thread with more info .
I'm having new problems where other auto-calculated values are not populating as well, including ability scores under defenses and proficiency/enhancement bonuses in powers. We have not had these problems for almost 2 years until recently.