Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][ 5E / Any ][GMT+/BST] Returning Player, Looking to get back into RPGing.

I'm a 34 y/o Brit, and not really played anything for 12+ years now. After discovering and watching Critical Role, I realise my life has been missing something for so many years. 5E would be the best place for me to start, as my memory of 3E and watching Critical Role gives me a good understanding of the system, enough to get back into the swing of things without effectively starting from scratch. That said I'd be happy to play other systems if I can obtain the rules easy enough. I'm relatively introverted (despite this small wall of text), so if you want players to fully roleplay/act out their characters, that's going to be tough for me unless I just make a stoic/quiet character :P Ideally, I'd like a hero focused game with a focus on cooperation, teamwork, and with no inter-party drama. I enjoy the hero focused gameplay, although survival focused as found in more horror type settings is also great. Dark/Gritty settings slightly preferred as far as improving immersion/realism, rather than gratuitous (more Wheel Of Time than Game of Thrones). I'm also fine with high fantasy with unicorns and rainbows everywhere, as long as you can sell me on it and make me believe it. For D&D settings I'm most familiar with Forgotten Realms, while I've read some other settings, I don't know a great deal... which is fine if we're playing commoners from country bumpkin land who know of nothing beyond their town... I'm happy to put in a lot of effort regarding the game/character including back story as required, I have a habit of taking things seriously but will be on my best behavior regarding controlling munchkin urges (I find indulging such urges never yields an enjoyable game, power creep always creates more problems than it can solve). If you could see me fitting in with your group or play style, or have any further questions, please just let me know. My evenings are pretty free and I can make myself available for long play-sessions as long as they aren't too frequent. Brief Gaming History. My introduction to pen and paper roleplaying games was Rifts/NMNT/Beyond Supernatural/Heroes Unlimited/Aliens Unlimited... Palladium stuff. Eventually discovered AD&D, and played that through to the launch of 3E. Some Call of Cthulhu and World of Darkness was sprinkled in the middle, I kinda remember playing Cyberpunk briefly. Played some Magic the Gathering from Beta to... 6th Edition. Player Warhammer/40k and similar. Studied Computer Game Design at university (Interactive Computer Entertainment), decided against moving to pursue it further after my local Acclaim studio closed down (where I'd been working during final year of uni). Got into MMO's as a way to keep in touch with friends and make new ones, eventually ended up hardcore raiding and leading raids nightly for several years in EQ2 (Xanadu). They seem a lot less social than they were back in "my day" and I've not been taken by any recent MMOs, perhaps all I wanted all this time was some good old pen and paper role playing!
Hey Xanoth, I have a game starting on the 8th and wanted to see if your interested. Any character concept can easily be brought in (my offline group is pretty random). And I can send you a copy of any books you need. Here is a link to the listing if your interested. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52274/star-wars-vs-dbz" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/52274/star-wars-vs-dbz</a>
Not the sort of game I'm after, thank you. Your game also takes place at 5am for me. &nbsp;This is not convenient.
I am looking for players for a 5E one-shot adventure. I don't know if the time difference will be an issue for you, but please check it out here .
Unfortunatly start time is midnight for me. Thank you though :)
i got a cool syfi game for you