Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying character sheets from one game to another (noob question)

Hi folks: Total Roll20 noob here so pardon if this question is answered elsewhere.  Basically, is it possible to copy a character that was created for one "game" and upload it into a new game?  I'm guessing this must be doable but didn't see an easy/intuitive way to do it. Thanx!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Check out he  character vault . You can always export characters you control from a game, but the GM has to enable import.
Ah, so this is only possible then with non-free options for membership...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yes. It is a feature of the subscriptions. If the GM created both games and is a pro subscriber, he can  Transmogrifier the sheets also.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Woops, sorry, totally forgot that was a plus level feature
So I'm at Pro level. Where do I find the transmogrifier?  I copied a game to a new game but the character sheets didn't come over. When I click edit on the character in the game, it comes up without the character sheet.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Leon , it appears that your account is currently at a Plus level of subscription. If you believe this to be in error, please send an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.

Edited 1469571967
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Leon said: So I'm at Pro level. Where do I find the transmogrifier?&nbsp; I copied a game to a new game but the character sheets didn't come over. When I click edit on the character in the game, it comes up without the character sheet. Are you talking about a community/custom character sheet like the pathfinder or D&D5e sheets, or do you mean nothing comes up when you click on the journal entries? If you mean the character sheets, then it sounds like you did not set what character sheet to use for your new copy of the game when you copied it. Just go into the game settings and choose your applicable character sheet from the drop down just like you did when you set up the original game. If you meant nothing showed up, then you can also use the character vault to transfer characters between games relatively easily. (you should be able to pull any character from a game you GM as far as I know).