Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pause and resume music and start playlists from a song you choose

Score + 19
I really like the latest updates to the playlist and music.  That said I would also like to see: Pause and Resume Playlists or Songs Start a Playlist from a Song you choose and continue from there Right now I can only stop or start my music so in a long playlist we never get to the end tracks.  Frequently I have players reloading and getting out of sync, or I just want to go to another song for 5 minutes and then pick up where we left off.  So I would like to pause the playlist, or if I can't do that, begin from the song of my choice so we aren't hearing song #1 a dozen times and song #23 every few weeks. I've also noticed you can't overlap sound effects with an ongoing playlist.  If play a solo effect, your playlist stops and you have to start over.  If it were to pause instead, that would be halfway to getting it to overlap like it does on individual songs.  Thanks!
There used to be pause functionality before the Jukebox update. For some reason it was removed. You got my vote.
Thanks, Doug.  My workaround for now is to split all my playlists so they have 10 or fewer songs, that way I'm not replaying the same stuff as frequently when I have to start over.  Still would prefer a resume and/or pause function.

Edited 1472661493
Yes, great suggestion, John.  +vote
I agree, Pause is the bird
Why is the status of this suggestion still "On Development Server?" Did it ever get ported to the production server? Or did it fall through the cracks?
This feature is absolutely necessary.  To be able to pause temporarily while someone is speaking or for a temporary pause in the action without having to start from the beginning is essential.  What is the status of this suggestion?
I just added a 10 minute self destruct track in my playlist, the idea being that I would pause it when describing things, or if we are taking a break, but while we are playing normally it would continue on, add some stress to a situation, and this is what I find when I google pause roll 20 music, how is this not a feature?
Bump +1 and here here
Bumping this as well, coz it's a good idea. I don't find Pausing an issue often, but I wish the music would resume properly if for some reason I need to refresh my browser. (I can't hear it but my players can.) I also enjoy setting up Boss Music for multi-phase encounters. Obviously, with the current Jukebox, I have to play an entire playlist to play songs in sequence, turning off looping tracks in sequence for each phase of the fight (Imagine the music from Darkest Dungeon, which gets more ominous with lower light levels). Since I like giving specific themes for key factions and characters, it's a pain that every new track section I add for a multi-phase fight requires micromanaging.
I'm on board.  I think the music interface needs a lot work. I would love to make sub-folders like with characters.  I have a ton of battle music and would love to be able to sort them by the emotion or style.  Currently I am having to try and tag them by renaming them with similar starting words so that alphabetizing them reorders them.  Separate folders would be so much nicer.
A pause button would be amazing!