After speaking with Miro, Synovia stays at the rail of the ship, watching the ship glide through the waves. She lets the events of the last few days play over in her mind, and as they do she lets herself grieve for the child she lost, and for the loss of Ameiko, who has always been her anchor. She contemplates what were to happen if something went wrong and she did not return. Realizing that she did not want Ameiko's grief compounded by memories of their harsh words, she borrows some parchment and a quill from the captain and returns to her cabin to compose a letter to her mother. Ameiko, I am more sorry than words can express for not telling you about the baby. I didn't mean to keep the loss of my child from you out of distrust. I was and still am barely holding it together. I know I need to deal with the loss, but I can't let this evil continue. So, my emotions need to be put aside for now. You may never know how wrong you were when you said I don't need you. You have been and always will be my strength, but I think you were right that it's time to leave the nest. I hope you can forgive my selfishness, and  that I can once again be your "Favorite Daughter".                                                                                                                                                                     All my love,                                                                                                                                                                               Synovia She takes another sheet and begins an other letter. Imahnee My love, You will find letters contained in this journal that your were never intended to read. If you are reading this one now, it is because I did not return and we will not be together again in this life. But, I will be waiting for your with our child in the next. As your read this journal, I hope you will understand that you were my heart, my soul, and many times my only anchor in the hellish storms of the last few months. My only regret is that I didn't marry you that dock (a mistake I hope to correct if I return). Be happy, my love. Until we see each other again,                                                                                                                        Love eternally,                                                                                                                                     Synovia She folds both letters and places them in her journal. Then she blows out the candle and goes to sleep.