Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Text based Deadlands: Reloaded game, new GM seeks 2-3 players

Edited 1472147051
Desperation, Arizona, is a mining town about 100 miles west of Tucson. Smack dab in the desert, it spent most of its existence as little more than a stop for cowboys. The only thing that brought people here was a wild ghost rock vein, but it's nearly empty, and most of the miners have left. About three months ago, construction on a railroad started not far from Desperation, bringing a much-needed influx of people to the town. However, some of the people it brought were less than savory. The Allman Gang of cattle rustlers and bank robbers came through, killed the sheriff and all but one of his deputies (naturally the most inept one), and made off with a bunch of the bank's gold. As if that weren't enough, a traveling circus has set up shop here. It seemed like a bit of a weird decision, considering how few people here had any real money to spend, but news of the new railroad is bringing rich folk from Tuscon, and even a few from the City of Lost Angels. The circus brought with it some rumors of supernatural goings-on, but the folk of Desperation are a skeptical bunch. They're having a hard time explaining the disappearances. All that is to say that there's work out here, if one's willing to look for it. Folks are saying Desperation's gonna be a boomtown before long. Why did you come here? Well, that's up to you to decide. Maybe you're a monster hunter, or a bounty hunter, or someone looking to be the new sheriff, or an outlaw, miner, railroad worker, circus performer. Any number of things might bring a person to Desperation. (( THIS IS A TEXT BASED GAME. OUT OF CHARACTER VOICE CHAT WILL BE ALLOWED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. This game will take place every Friday at 6:30 PM CDT for approximately 3-5 hours. My name is Tyler, and I have 10 years of experience as a tabletop gamer/GM. I've never played or run Savage Worlds before, so this is likely to be a learning experience for everyone involved! New and experienced players welcome! I am an equal opportunity GM, and I expect all my players to respect the others, regardless of... well, anything. Be nice or be kicked out. I ask that all applicants be 18 years of age or older. This campaign may deal with mature, sensitive topics such as murder, racism, or sexuality. All players must be able to handle these topics in a mature way. I.e, if sexual violence comes up and the player devolves into asinine, 4th-grade level rape jokes, the player will be kicked. Adversely, if a racist NPC makes it known his racism and the player flies into a slobbering rage over how racist I or other players are in real life, the player will be kicked. Please apply by telling me a bit about yourself, your experience with Savage Worlds, Deadlands, and/or other RPGs, and what sort of character you had in mind, if any. DO NOT come to the game with a character already rolled up, until we have a chance to talk about game expectations.))
Hey, my name is Guy. I'm definitely interested. I've been tabletop rpg gaming for about 23 years now. I've been running SW Deadlands Reloaded for the past month or two. It's my first real SW experience. I've played/run Basic DnD, ADnD 3rd and 3.5, Pathfinder, Shadowrun (1990s version and 2010ish version), Earth Dawn, Mechwarrior, Kobolds Ate My Baby!, and probably a bunch more. I started with Basic DnD when I was about 13. The schedule is good for me for the foreseeable future. I have the SW deluxe core book (not the newest edition so some of my rules are out-dated), the Marshal's handbook, The Player's Guide, the S&R 1800s catalogue, and A Stone and a Hard Place, as well as the SW Action and Adventure Decks, and a box of poker chips for bennies. I'm completely down for your guidelines and I focus on the fun of the game for all involved. This game has a lot of "for GM's eyes only" secrets, so I'll do my best not to meta anything or spoils surprises with OOC comments about the game rules. That said, I'm still learning the SW and DL rules and I've never used Roll20 before, though I've used a similar app a time or two. As for a character. I'll probably want to roll with Mad Scientist. After all, I have the catalogue.
Hello, my name is Nathan and I started playing tabletop games when I found a ADnD 2ed book at a garage sale about 18 years ago. I have played in a Savage world game a few years ago, but Ive never played in a Deadlands game. Id like to play an Ex Bounty hunter/lawman type of character. Also I have some friends that may be posting interest as well. 
Yo. Name's Ben. I'm one of those friends Nathan mentioned. I've been playing TRPG's for about 3-4 years now, and did a lot of forum RP before that. I'm unfamiliar with Savage Worlds, but I am interested in learning, especially since Deadlands is a game I've been meaning to play for a decent while now. I was a thinking a saloon girl/barmaid type character, former criminal, potentially the owner of the local watering hole if one doesn't exist already.
UPDATE: The game day has been changed to Friday due to scheduling conflicts.
Mike here. I have very little experience with tabletop rpg, having only started about 7 months ago, doing games every other week. Now I am in a Deadlands: Hell on Earth campaign, a D&D campaign, and I'm starting up my own Deadlands: HoE campaign. It's a lot of work and I am far from an expert, but I'm totally down to get a fourth campaign going. Just can't get enough. I generally like to play spell casters and I love playing support roles in any game I play.