Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Danganronpa, Heavy-Roleplaying Murder Mystery [Sun 6:00 PM PST]

Edited 1471829855
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello, I’m a GM currently looking up to set up a Danganronpa murder-mystery rpg using a homebrewed system. Looking to do a story focused on players needing to be clever to survive. The setting takes place in a high school with a vicious mastermind coercing the students into killing each other. Some things to know: Start Date: September 11, 2016 Each player gets 2 characters. Rules will bar players from using this to their advantage. I will be utilizing dynamic lighting as well as a few API scripts. There will be 8 players, currently we have 4 players, aging 17 to 25. We will be using skype for voice communications. If you want to play then I ask that you be prepared to make the commitment not just to me but everyone in the party to show up on days we play, if something comes up, then a heads up is good as long as we don’t need to start ‘hoping’ people show up every week & can trust each other make it. We all want to have a good time & run a good story. If you’re interested, please post the following information below. Age: Little about yourself: Why you want to play Danganronpa: Any questions for the GM:

Edited 1471840766
Age: 26 Little about yourself:  My name is Brian and I consider myself a bit of a roleplay purist/elitist. Meaning that character development and immersion are my top priorities when roleplaying. I've been roleplaying since high-school and started with what most do, Dungeons and Dragons, 3.5 edition to be specific. Nowadays, I find myself enjoying more story and roleplay centered games rather than ones that focus on combat. I'm currently running a World of Darkness Vampire game that has been going on for a little over 10 months and still has no end in sight. When I roleplay I take everything extremely seriously, and consider myself a method actor in that regard.  Why you want to play Danganronpa: Well since playing the video games (only 1 & 2), I've desperately wanted to try and setup an RP scenario in some of the RP communities and outlets I partake in, but simply haven't had the chance or time to do so. But if someone else is ready to take the reigns and setup everything for this to happen, I'd be more than happy to be a participant in the game. I also just love a good mystery and would be intrigued to see how such a game would be played out on Roll20. I am willing to commit to the very end if the game works out, and possibly any future Danganronpa campaigns if available.  Any questions for the GM: What is your history with roleplaying and being a GM? Is the system we're using something you've worked with before, or completely unique for this experience? Do you have experience with home-brewing systems before this? What do you look for in a character backstory? What days and times will we be playing on? The game I host is on sundays and starts pretty late, and I also have a game that I on and off play in on Tuesdays at around the same time, so I should be good for anything that isn't on a Sunday or Tuesday night. How closely will you follow the lore of the games? As in, will the mastermind be the same person, or will this be entirely unique?
What is your history will roleplaying and being a GM? I’ve been roleplaying for the past 8 years, but most heavily in the last 4 due to when I discovered roll20. I have primarily been a GM for the vast majority of that time because I prefer being the dealer than get dealt to & it allows the most freedom in my opinion to get a story going. Is the system we're using something you've worked with before, or completely unique for this experience? I am currently still working on it since I want something that is useful but isn’t convoluted with unnecessary rules/information. So for the purposes of this question, it is something unique that I am developing for this game. Do you have experience with home-brewing systems before this? I’ve modified systems before but not to the extent I have with this one. What do you look for in a character backstory? Personality, something that indicates the character isn’t just a raw snowflaked badass. Something that shows some real humanity & represents a character with real ambitions & emotions. I have respect for those who play weak characters & aren’t out just to try to be the best. That being said, a strong character isn’t necessarily a bad character either. What days and times will we be playing on? Sundays at 6:00 PM PST, this is the current day everyone in the party can make it so can’t be changed unfortunately. How closely will you follow the lore of the games? As in, will the mastermind be the same person, or will this be entirely unique? This will be relatively close to the lore of the games but the mastermind will be different. Can’t give too much details beyond that.

Edited 1471841524
I see, well those answers leave me pretty satisfied. Considering I'm EST, I can most likely commit to the game unless you plan to have then run over 6 hours. The game I host starts between 9-10PM EST, 6-7 hours after the start time of your game. So if all of this works for you, and you'll have me, I'd be more than happy to join your group!  I can get to work on backgrounds almost immediately, once I understand the system a bit more. If you have any more questions for me, or would like to keep approval or denial of players private, we can move to PM's if you wish.
Send me your skype & we can discuss it a bit more, have a few things I'd like to check just to make sure. I'll be on pretty late tonight.
Also want to specify. This game is open to people new to tablet-top rpgs as well.
The game would be on Skype Vocal Call ? Because i'm French and i don't think i can speak in english but i want to play with you
We use Skype call for mostly Out-of-Character conversations. In-Character is done strictly in the roll20 chat. How well would you describe your written English?

Edited 1472088774
Age: 21 Little about yourself: I go by Rix Yuaz on most, if not all, online interactions. I'm a gamer that's been playing RPGs for years, falling in absolute love with the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series. I'm also headed back to school soon for Game Design, and I'm looking into expanding my horizons in terms of different types of games and roleplays that can help with my game development future. It wasn't until recently that I was introduced to the genre of Visual Novels, starting with Zero Escape's 999 on the DS. with I've done a couple of light roleplays, but nothing quite like this. I actually made an account here for this game!  Why you want to play Danganronpa: I've been intrigued with the Danganronpa series since it first was released in the US, but considering I didn't have a PSVita (nor did I have teh cash to get one) I set it aside. Then I got Hulu about a year ago, and watched the anime adaptation of the first game. I got hooked! I later found that the first 2 games were brought to Steam, and immedietly made the purchase/preorder. I've since played both and I recently went out and bought a PSTV so I could play UDG. I want to play this for 1) reasons stated above and 2) I love the Danganronpa-style of game and I look forward to taking part in an adaptation in this capacity! Any questions for the GM: How friendly will this be to players both new to tabletop-RPG players and new to roll20? This will be my first experience with both, and I'm hoping that it'll be either easy to work with or at least have someone help me where I'll get lost (so I don't get lost in the everything else going on). Also, since the game starts at 6pm PST (which translates to 9pm PST) doesn't that interfere with the other guy's game?

Edited 1472089027
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello Rix, please send me your skype name when you can. The game is generally geared towards people with experience trpgs but I'm willing to give a basic introduction into the way its played, best think of it as an extremely freeform board game because there are things that are reliant on dice rolls & the like as well as minor math involved. I'm sure we can find another player who can keep you up to speed while the game is running but ultimately its up to you & how well you feel you'll be able to pick the game up.

Edited 1472096385
I play the Danganronpa games so for reading English i think i'm good but for writing i don't know :/ Maybe i can send you my Skype name and we can see if i can play with you or not ?

Edited 1472097196
I'm fairly certain I'll be fine, it'll just make me feel better if there's a player that I can quickly PM and say Hey, am I doing thing X right?". Also, do you think it would be a better/easier experience if I went to a "Plus" membership for the game? I'm fine with paying I just want to know if you think it'll be something useful.

Edited 1472097922
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
@Rediowz, sure go ahead & send me your skype & we can talk about it. @Rix, it wouldn't be as useful to a player for the most part, the majority of extra features are mostly GM related. By hosting the game, I have the features unlocked for the players within my game.
Oh okay. Thanks for the help!

Edited 1472437215
Age : 19 Little Bit About Yourself : Hi! My name is Sam Toy and currently in college for a biochemistry degree aiming in pharmaceuticals. I am an avid anime fan, well manga for the most part, and would like to consider myself pretty easy to get along with.  Why I Want To Play : I have watched season 1 of danganronpa and found the plot to be quite interesting. Although I have not played a game like this ie. Dungeon and Dragons/ table top games, I am highly interested in trying out a game like this as well as meeting new people. The reason why I am applying to join this specific game is due to my roommate, Nigel, recommending me to join. Thank you for your time.
age: 20 about myself: the name's Neil, not much to say about myself but I love collecting video games and old records why I want to play danganronpa: I've been following the series very closely since the fan translation of the first game, but never really had a chance to "experience" the series with other fans/the community... also I've never tried roleplaying before (used to find it silly) but I'm genuinely intrigued and would love to participate and see what it's all about
Go ahead & PM your skype info
Who am I?  My name is Ghnjy (pronounced Genji), 23 years old, and relative newcomer to table-top systems. I did a research project on the topic in school, but I never actually got around to joining a regular session. I have experience with forum RP and Attorney Online, though. Why do I want to play? I've been a huge fan of Danganronpa since 2014 (I've seen the anime, played the games, and have read Dangan Ronpa If), and I've wanted to join some kind of Danganronpa RPG after I watched a Danganronpa-themed Attorney Online game on Youtube. I also want to run my own Danganronpa-style campaign with my friends one day, and I hope to get some ideas from your game. :p  
Age: 15 Little about myself: My name is Rick Harrison, and this is my pawn shop. (as you can see, I like to joke around.) I have 1 sibling, and I love playing anything tabletop related, whether it be dungeons and dragons or Pokemon.  Why do I want to play: I want to play this game because I am a huge fan of the danganronpa series, and have fallen in love with the story-line, so I thought it would be a good idea to meet other people and talk with them! what's a good way to do that, though? why, of course; I stumbled upon danganronpa tabletop! I was AMAZED as when i saw this, im super happy to find this, and i'm looking forward to maybe being accepted. Questions for the GM:  what kind of talents are we allows to have? do we need to have a specific age requirement other than being old enough for high school? are we allows to know anyone due to backstory? (I also have some more, but I would like to ask you them personally!) From:Colyn. Have a wonderful day! I HOPE to see you soon! :D.
Age: 30 years old Little about yourself: I've been roleplaying for 12+ years and am original release DND player.  Why you want to play Danganronpa: I enjoy social drama in role playing and mysterious stories.  Any questions for the GM: I don't really have any questions other than, simple character creation questions. Well, hopefully I make the cut if not, I guess there is always next time. Later!
The game is full & in-progress but if anyone's still interested, feel free to PM your skype info if you want to find out more about the game or if you want me to have your name for whenever I do another iteration of the game.