Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using target with tracker

Hey guys, I was messing around with macros as I do a lot, and I got to thinking...what if you could use the ?{target} tag with &{tracker}, because the people I play with(including myself) are constantly forgetting to select a token before using the initiative command. So I started messing around with it, and it seems to me that &{tracker} only works if you have the token selected. Are there any workarounds for this or is this a stone-solid limitation? Thanks, much appreciated for any help.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately it is designed to only work with selected tokens. There is unfortunately no workaround that I'm aware of.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The only closest thing is the GroupInitiative API script but that  would require a pro subscription and even then it would not combine the target with the tracker. It would just allow the GM to do a bulk Initiative.
yeah...and i'm not in a position to get pro, nor is the GM. Alright, thank you both for the answers. I do hope support for this gets added sometime.
I have another question...would it be possible to make it so that...when you run the macro, it asks you to select a target, and it selects whichever one you select? That would allow me to create what i'm after. So, it would run the command, open the @{target} command, and whichever token you choose, it selects for you, and have this command run right before the initiative roll and the &{tracker} command. Any ideas?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nathaniel S. said: I have another question...would it be possible to make it so that...when you run the macro, it asks you to select a target, and it selects whichever one you select? No. However, what I usually do is make my initiative macro a token action, so the button will only appear when selecting my token. It helps to avoid forgetting to select one.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Don't forget the GM can just Add a Turn for a token and then drag the Initiative roll from the Chat to the Tracker. So it's not a great problem when a player forgets to select their token before rolling. I've found at least 1 player forgets every time we roll Initiative, so I'm used to it. ;-)
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew R. said: Don't forget the GM can just Add a Turn for a token and then drag the Initiative roll from the Chat to the Tracker. Players can also click in the turn order window to edit the initiative value of a token they have control of.
Yeah, I was just trying to make the GM's life a bit easier. And setting it as a token action is a good idea. I'm what the GM refers to as the TM(Tech master). I come up with a lot of the macros we use, that way he can focus on the things he NEEDS to focus on, not worrying about broken macros. Thanks all for the answers, I appreciate the help!