Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

new type of game

hey, hi, um... i love d&d, ive been playing it for a long time, and it inspired me to make my own game, i call it effit, its another table top game like d&d, i was wanting to try it out with some folks, so if your looking for a new game um maybe come try mine out
What's the system like per se?
well i guess you could say it is like d&d, although i always felt like d&d could have more, so i added in more systems classes and stuff,  when you get down to it you can say the system is like d&d, make a character, roll dice, go on quests, and it will use most of the same rules, except for tweaks like to me the magic system never made much sense,  like the tiers of magic?  it would make more sense to have mana points and some other things that i wanted to add like more classes  like samurai, ninja, knight just imagine d&d but tweaked to make a little more sense, in my eyes at least
What about races?
If you want ones to get into your system, you'd need to provide a sample. A basic handbook, or changes from regular DnD written down.
okay ill make a sample and post it 
Sounds good, I'm always interested in new systems.
Well, haven't recieved the sample. That's all about this system then, I guess.
hey guys sorry i havent posted anything, its been kinda hard to write down all the systems ideas while having to deal with school, but i think im very close to finishing, i might have something posted tonight
Okay.
I like testing out new or obscure systems so PM me if this ever gets off the ground.
i am close to completion, heres a little taste combat- roll your attack die, subtract any bonuses, such as armor and such, this is how much total damage you do of your attack, then your weapon attack, plus bonuses example "i hit the bandit with my iron sword" rolls 1d10, rolls an 8, iron sword does 18 damage, 18/8=14.4 (always round down) "the bandit is wearing leather armor, softening the blow, making your attack a total of 12" "i also use my skill of power strike" "okay, your damage goes back up to 14" this way combat is a little less chance based and more skill based theres also a stamina meter a full round of combat will deplete your stamina completley   movement is every 5ft is a stamina point a lesser strike will do 1/2 damage, but will only cost 5 points of stamina stamina is determined by agility your roll die is determined by strength (a fighter might have a roll die of 12, allowing him to deal 120% more damage) skills have been changed to talents feats have been changed to skills  abilities are now scores  agility strength  wisdom are the three main scores there are sub scores like attack, fortitude, athletics, precision, intelligence, charisma and sword wielding and stuff magic also runs on a point based system, for example 0 level spells cost 0 points  1st level cost 1 pnt  so on and so forth  all the way up to 20th level  a wizard starts out with ten mana points just for an example  i will be making him use fireball, a 1st level destruction spell, which has a ten percent failure chance  he rolls a 25 on his d100, so he succeeds but that same wizard choses to use a 9th level spell, swallow earth, which has a 35 percent failure rate he rolls a 13 on his d100, so he fails in casting 
Huh, kind of sounds like dark souls (stamina especially). Does sound interesting, hope you can get some players for the system.
Sounds fun, I would be willing to try it out as well. I am pretty good at spotting underlying problems if you want to iron out the system. 

Edited 1473697108
senses -reflexes -perception -dexterity body -strength -fortitude -speed mind -intelligence -arcana -willpower every race, and class add points to these three main categories, you can then spend these points in the three sub categories how ever you like, to maximise your character in the way you like example elven (adds 2 mind and 2 senses) knight (4 body and 1 mind) has 3 mind, 2 senses, and 4 body, he puts 2 body in strength and charisma, 1 in reflexes and 1 in perception puts  all three of his points into intelligence this system is more simplified in my eyes, as instead of six mains, there are 3, with subs and skills are also based more on what you want to be instead of what you have picked some example skills are -theivery -animals -crafting -charm -seduce -haggle -persuade -knowledge (royalty) now different races and classes might give certain subs a boost, like a bandit will have a boosted speed and reflexes, but not necessarily be strong or has high senses, hes just good in those specific sub
and there will be base classes these classes are general, like as a fighter you might be good in combat, a ranger you will be quick and bowman, rogue stealthy and fast, wizard, magic user base classes have almost no cons, as they are most useful for general playstyles if you dont like picking and choosing (like me :P) and then there are specific classes for those players who want some interesting choices some examples (note: these are not all there is, there will be at least 20) barbairian: high in hit points, and strength, low in mind knight:  high in defense and knowledgeble duelist: good at one on one combat pyromancer: fire magic (need i say more?) necromancer: death magic aquamancer: water and ice bandit: low in hp but high in speed stealth and one hit killing ninja: extreme in stealth and dodging sniper: long range is this guys job
Sounds interesting.