Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[ LFP ] Dungeon World: Weekly Campaign, Unique World - Need players who pr RP,

We're going to be playing Dungeon World. It's rules light and focused developing a story together. The group will meet weekly at 2:00 CDT (gmt -5). The campaign will go on until it ends. There's an story mechanic that allows for players to leave without hurting the story. It's been twenty years since the mists covered the land. When they came they took the away all the memories men had of the time before. No one remembers the time when people lived under the light. But all know the mists and the tales of horror that dwell within it. They say that in the mists nightmares take flesh. Yet in the midst of this darkness there shines a ray of hope. Under strange celestial lights, bands of warriors emerge from the mists. They know nothing of where they are from or to where they were going. Yet in their hearts there is a strong and mysterious desire to rid the world of darkness. They are the Vagrant. I'm looking for two more players who are more interested in acting/rp and co-creating a good story than simply playing dungeon world like an action videogame. There still will be quite a bit of action but the story will be the soul of the game. The game will be more serious in the sense that most of the time should be spent speaking in character, though the characters can be light hearted, and there will definitely be some lighthearted moments especially in the beginning. There will be moments where just the protagonists talk with each other (at campfire etc.) to develop the relationship the characters have with each other as well as develop their own characters even more. The players are in charge of making interesting protagonists with a character arc in mind - becoming a hero. They are to start off as a alright/decent bunch of guys and through the story become more and more like a true hero. They should have a weakness that they struggle with. They should also have prepared different fears and nightmares. The game will be sandbox style, so the players are free to go and do what they want - but things will be happening in the world and there will be consequences if they flee from their destiny. If your character does go evil he'll become an npc (to avoid having a split group). Also characters can and will die, even though they are the protagonists - especially if they make foolish choices. Due to the nature of the setting, you will not need to thoroughly develop a backstory. It would be good that you create something but don't get to attached too it because it will be altered to fit the destiny of the Vagrant. Also its going to be a clean game, the heroes to be need to have a pure heart. Experience in dungeon world is ideal but not strictly necessary. You don't need to have the rules of DW mastered but at least get familiar with them and with the style of play - try watching a game played on youtube. We'll be using microphone. Camera is optional but encouraged. I'm a pretty dynamic GM, making sound effects, changing my voice, using gestures - I love acting. I also like giving players tough decisions - it brings out the best or worst in them. But I haven't GMed in Roll20 yet - my use of the map will be limited to minimalistic drawings as we need or uploading maps that I've drawn. Please Power Gamers and Rules Lawyers don't apply - we won't get along. If you're interested please search for my game in roll twenty under dungeon world : "Becoming a Hero" - leave a post in the game to apply.
Someone Dropped out so we still have room for one more player.
i would like to join this, but what days are these events
Sunday 2:00 PM CDT (gmt -5) weekly
I'm a player in this campaign; we had our first session on Sunday, and we had a lot of fun! It would be great to add more players to our crew. The core element that made the session interesting was the tension from the GM letting moves snowball. My character was on edge the entire game, and I had a lot of fun playing him. We have an interesting theme of playing characters who are fish out of water, even more so than the rest of the Vagrant. I enjoyed the weird and dynamic interactions with the rest of the cast. I hope we can add more members to that dynamic!