Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Boxcars and snakeyes

I'm looking for a way to use critical success and critical failure to mark boxcars and snakeyes results on 2d6. I want a result of 2 on 2d6 to show red inline and a result of 12 to show green inline, and no other result to show anything. Is this possible without API? For simplicity I've been testing with 2d2 inline: result of 2 to give red; result of 4 to give blue; result of 3 to be unmarked. Haven't found a way yet. Possible?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think the only way you could do this is with a rollable table, short of the API.  You'd set up a table with the values 2-12 and  weight them appropriately .  Then you should be able to roll it like this (table is named my2d6 in the example): [[ 1t[ my2d6 ]]cf2cs12 ]] I'm not 100% positive this will work for the highlighting, but I think there's a good chance it will work.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, just doing 2d6 will use the default critical success/failure. That'll give you red on two when both rolls are 1's and green when both are 6's. If it's a mix, it'll be blue.
No, doesn't work (after taking out the extra bracket). Adding cf and/or cs to the rollable table makes it ignore everything after the 1 and just return 1. Oh well!
Scott, if you get, say, a 1 [critical failure] and a 4 [nothing special], it still outlines in red. You only get blue if one of the dice is a 6 and the other is a 1.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
[[ 2d6cs>2cf<5 ]] will highlight red on a sum of 2 and highlight green on a sum of 12. Otherwise, it will highlight blue.
Ooh, very nice, Silvyre! Thanks, that's what I want.

Edited 1472141831
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
 Bummer about the table. Nice work Silvyre!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
very nice