Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro visibility

I was just entering a test game I'm the GM, going in "as a player," and I noticed that I could still see every macro, even those without any players being assigned to be able to see it. Why is this? I tried this in another game of mine, which I was pretty sure had hidden some macros from players, but even as a player I can still see them. Bug?
Gold
Forum Champion
Are the macros assigned to Visible To Players: No one (it's empty), or Visible To Players: David ? In the former, only Gm should be able to see them listed under the gear-icon, or on Macro Quick Bar, or in Token Actions. &nbsp;If you put yourself in the Visibility then you can see them logged-in as a player (the player, yourself). If that's not it, write back and we'll keep trying to figure it out.&nbsp; If the Macros are set-up as Abilities on the Player's Character, that is another way they would show to the player. Wiki docs,&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a>
"Visible to Players" is empty in all cases. I'm talking about actual macros, not character abilities.

Edited 1472154330
Gold
Forum Champion
David, I just tested on my game using "Re-join as Player", and found the same unexpected visibility as you are describing. I'm experiencing it too. I'm pretty sure this is not the normal behavior, and we will need to do more testing to find out the cause and whether it affects all players, or just GM who logged in as player. I will provide the usual troubleshooting steps, and a Dev will come by to take a look. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1472154423
Gold
Forum Champion
Update, these Macros might be tied to Roll20 Account, not to that account's role as GM-or-Player. If this is the case then it is normal that they still show, but they won't show for other Players (which is good). So it might not be a bug. &nbsp;Someone else will come along to confirm and answer this for us! I moved thread to Bug Reports, I'm going to move it back to Specific Use Questions now, sorry for the juggle. I think we will find that the answer is Macros under the settings gear-icon are tied to Roll20 Account that set them up, and so visible to you regardless of being a Player or GM at the time.
No problem, thanks for helping.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Verified. &nbsp;This is expected behavior. &nbsp;The Macros are associated with the account. &nbsp;When you rejoin as a player, you are changing the permissions extended to your account, but that has nothing to do with what your account has access to. &nbsp;Your Macros will still be present, but if they execute API commands with GM restrictions using playerIsGM(), those commands will just fail as for any other player.
Thanks, Roll20 staff!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries! Happy Rolling! =D