Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Miro in class and handling business

Miro stands in the class his feet several inches above the floor as he moves about the slate board writing.  "As we spoke last week, conjuration is in essence the calling of something into being.  Sometimes it could be as simple as a small glob of acid... this is typically where conjuration magic starts because it can exist in your world, thus is very easy to call into use.  But as you continue your growth you will reach a point where you can call allies from across the multiverse to your aid.  The theorem is simple... I could teach it to you now... however it is the intent to control that defines a conjurer.  By calling these creatures to your aid.  You have literally torn them from their homes to a new place with the intent to make them do as you will.  There are many ways to control those you summon but that is a much more advanced class.  For now, class is almost at its end for the day.  Your assignment will be to research the summoning of monsters as allies, choose one from the list on the board and write me a two scroll report on them..... and no large printing Bartholomew....dismissed."  He says as the children begin to file out of the room.     Miro takes a few moments to clear the slate board and pack his implements into a new leather bag he had begun to carry.  He looks up and smiles at the enjoyment he was receiveing from this new lesson in life.  With his last class of the day complete he began to make his way to the headmaster to gather what he could of his performance reveiws before he made his way into Nao's to begin making purchases for the tower.  He stops at the headmasters office and knocks, awaiting permission to enter.
Leis Nivlandis waves his hand and the door opens. He glances up to see Miro there then looks back at at the scroll he was reading. "Miro. How are you enjoying instruction?" He sits in a window seat over looking the Seerspring Gardens below. 
     Miro walks in a soft smile on his little face.  "Things go well.  I feel that by the end I will have them ready to begin ritualizing summon monster.  From there it is simply the task of gaining the power of thought nessicary to summon them in a moment."  He looks about the headmasters office in some awe taking in the much older wizards belongings.  "I think it went well that I was the same size as most of these students... it helped them to see me as less threatening.  And you my good headmaster.... what say you of my progress here as an instructor?"
Nivlandis rolls up the scroll and looks at Miro with a discerning gaze. It was clear Miro was a talented wizard and his abilities rivaled the half-elf's own skills. "Some of the teachers feel you're a bit preachy but I reminded them in Magnimar passion speaks loudly and so far the students haven't complained." Setting the scroll aside, Nivlandis slides off the seat and walks over to his scroll case. 
Miro nods his head quietly.  Taking a moment to file the complaints of his peers so that he might revisit it later.  "Undastood... I will see to it that my actions are corrected.  With your leave I have completed my last class for the day.  I have told you before of my intentions to start a satalite in Sandpoint.  With your permission and maybe assistance I would like to leave the college for the night and possibly into the morning to see if I can begin the process of attaining the goods and labor I need to begin its construction."  He says quietly as he pulls a book from his satchel should schematics be required.
The half-elf nods. "Yes, I am aware of the smaller Turandarok Academy in Sandpoint. I suppose you'll be working with them as well?"
     Miro shakes his head.  "No.... Turandarok's focus is on general education.  While he may find those with the aptitude for magic he does little to cultivate it.  Mine will be a full on acadamy devoted to magic.  Where here the focus is on divination's and abjurations, I will focus more on my speciaties.  Turandarok can then focus his efforts on the general education of Sandpoint and its area, while I can begin the initial training of apprentaces until their interests fall on one of our three specialties.  At which point I will send those of the peticular talents of abjuring or divining to your school and I would hope that those whose skill wane towards the creation of magic and conjuration can then be funneled to my college.  To say that we will work closely is to say that a talent scout works closely with the theater... he will find the talent, but it will be my school that culitvates it."  He looks about quietly until focusing his attentions to Nivlandis himself.
The half-elf nods. "I think this is a fine opportunity and Sanpoint is a good location. How will you recruit teachers or will you be the only one?"
     Miro smiles.  "Surely you have a few hangers on that could use alittle less time in the library and alittle more time working?  Perhaps my friend would like some time to study thassalonian artifacts abroad?  If not you could point me in the direction of a few who thought to teach but could not make the cut."  He says quietly as floats himself up into the air sitting on apparently nothing.  "One way or another, I will do what it takes to gather instructors to my cause.  There are many places about Varissia where the resources I need exist.  Beyond that perhaps I will have to train my own instructors... there is much to be said about training them in my own methods and later recruiting them."  He clasps his hands together and from their separation a cup of steaming tea appears.  He takes a sip and then sets it down upon thin air to rest.  "My question is this... where do I begin looking for the raw and manual resources I will need to begin its construction?"
"Good magic users are hard to find," Leis says with a short laugh. "I can appreciate your drive to find the best for this auxillary location though I woulder about your time frame, especially talking about teaching your own up." He picks up a small baby griffon skull from his desk and runs his fingers over its ornately carved skull. "As for building materials. I would talk to the Scarnetties and the Deverins. They are the most powerful merchants in your region yes? I would also suggest the Kaijitsu's but it seems you've married into the family already."
     Miro nods softly sipping from his tea.  "Hard to find yes but it is the search that makes them precious.  As for the materials I am planning to purchase my goods and labor here in magnamar.  A town of sand point's size would require ages and while the cost might be higher here the expediency will be worth the cost.  As for training my own think of it a longer term goal mixed in a bag of such each with its own term.  But as forth instructors..... Do you not have one or two hangers on?  Perhaps a few who could benefit from a view larger then these walls?"
Nivlandis shrugs adding nonchalantly.  "I'll discuss with my staff. If someone feels their time would be better spent elsewhere I will not be sad to lose them."