Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Thanks to Your Feedback, the Roll20 Family Grows, Again!

Edited 1472671369
Greetings Pros - I am very excited to share with you, the addition of a new hire to Roll20. As a result of the feedback we gained from you in the the Pro Feedback Request - Dev Server thread, we decided to bring on an official Quality Assurance Manager - and some of you just might recognize her! Kristin Carlson has been with us since 2012 as a mod, 3D Dice model designer, Marketplace Creator, wiki tutorial master, and she is responsible for several of our licensed module conversions including the most recent Wizards of the Coast’s releases. We are thrilled to be able to bring her on in an official capacity to continue to help us address the technical needs of the community, as well as gather your feedback and suggestions for future development. Check out  the blog for some more fun info about Kristin, and please make her feel welcome!
This is awesome news!  Great to see someone with so much passion for the community added to the team!  Congratulations Kristin and the Roll20 team!
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Welcome, Major General Rainbow Dash! Glad to hear testing/bug crushing will go up with a dedicated QA person. :)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My new favorite person... =D  
Gold
Forum Champion
Congratulations Roll20! Kristin Carlson will be awesome in this new role, for the bridge between the community, technical issues, and testing features of the site. Applause
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you, everyone! I am very much excited to BREAK ALL THE THINGS!... Mainly because I had a penchant for doing that previously. It's going to take a week or two for our team to reorganize how we handle development, testing, and bug handling - but my goal is to make it less tasking and more focused for Riley, Phil, and Steve so they have an easier time of it all. Meanwhile, you will have me specifically focusing on your technical issues and needs.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
sweet
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Really happy to hear about this!
Woohoo!
I don't understand what this actually means. Is she going to organize the identification of bugs and prioritize which ones need fixing? Is she going to be going in behind the main devs and fixing the bugs herself? Or what?

Edited 1472704228
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Devlin M. said: I don't understand what this actually means. Is she going to organize the identification of bugs and prioritize which ones need fixing? Is she going to be going in behind the main devs and fixing the bugs herself? Or what? QA departments find bugs and get Development to fix them. Roll20 is a super small team, though, so she might be fixing small bugs on her own. One of the most important aspects of QA finding bugs is finding out why they occur, usually by supplying specific steps to consistently trigger the bug every time ("repo steps").
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Great news!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
She is probably going to take our feedback from products purchased on roll20 (like the new modules) then compile and organize a list from that feedback so that everything is taken into consideration for future assets and insuring corrections are performed if needed.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Pretty much what Brian and Pat S. said. Roll20 has a very small development team and up to this point, our coders were also fielding all the bug reports sent in from the userbase. Handling customer support was cutting into their time to actually make necessary fixes and work on further development. I'll also be the dedicated team member who will be thoroughly testing out new features before we launch them to the production server.
Oh ok. Sounds good.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hooray. (waiting for Pathfinder sheet users to clamor for QA to keep me in check)
Congratulations and good luck on the job. Great news.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
chris b. said: Hooray. (waiting for Pathfinder sheet users to clamor for QA to keep me in check) hehehe, we love what you guys do Chris, it's just you try to get the sheet to do sooooo much.
Good luck Kristin! :D
Congrats!
Woot woot... Congrats.
Phoxounet
Sheet Author
Translator
Congrats Kristin ;)
Congrats and welcome, Kristin!  I love your tutorials.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Aaaaaah a dedicated Crash Test Dummy and Complaints Box Monkey! Congratulations.