Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ruler Waypoints

For the longest time I was searching for a way to bend the ruler, so my players and I could measure things not in a straight line. I recently found out about setting waypoints when moving tokens ( this feature ), but I think it would be helpful to give the measurement ruler the same functionality. When dragging the ruler, I'd want to press space to set a waypoint, exactly the way it works when moving tokens. Very often we find ourselves wanting to measure non-linear distances without moving a token, so I know at least one group would appreciate it!
I like this idea, it would be really useful.
Adding an upvote to this. Very useful to be able to for example, vector to the ruler to some point, click on that point, then start a new ruler vector from that newly click point and perhaps even give a running tally of the distance elapsed so far!
What you could do in the meantime is give all players access to a pointer style token they can use to point out places on the map they're looking at, such as the ones in this imgur album I created:&nbsp; <a href="https://imgur.com/a/Mkc2k" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/Mkc2k</a> And then they can use that to measure distances using waypoints without moving their tokens around by accident. I find the pointers much more useful than the ping, since you have to be looking at the screen when they ping and it doesn't last very long.
I'd really like this to be implemented, would be great for tracking movement across world maps etc.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is now on the Dev server for testing.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now live.