Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pop out Turn Tracker

Edited 1517288469
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Currently we have the ability to pop out the Chat Tab and Journal Entries into their own separate windows. The Turn Tracker takes up a lot of map room; it's not terribly compact. Would it be possible to make it capable of being popped out into its own window? For those players and GMs with multiple monitors, this would be especially useful.
Reducing the header size or eliminating it entirely would be nice also.
Giving this post some love, since it hasn't seen any attention in a while. I run a game with 6 players, many of whom have animal companions, familiars, or summoned creatures, and they regularly fight mobs of a dozen monsters or more. My turn tracker gets out of control very quickly, and tends to take up most of the vertical space of the play window, just so I can see what's coming up. It's always getting in the way and forcing me to move it back and forth. For those of us who play with multiple monitors, being able to pop-up that turn tracker into its own window so it cold live on another monitor would be a life saver. Probably my single most desired feature at the moment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In the meantime, I have substantially reduced its size through the Stylish extension. Until the day when all the tabs can be popped out, it will have to do.
Just in case you guys aren't aware, you can make it smaller by double clicking the top or just click dragging the bottom right corner. (at least on chrome).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes, but Stylish makes the lettering smaller and reduces linespace. Not at my home computer right now, but I'll post the difference when I get the chance.
+1 Was there a technical reason that it wasn't implemented when the rest of the popouts came into play?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No idea. It does seem like a half-finished feature.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here's the Turn Tracker, before and after Stylish. Before: After: And the Code #initiativewindow {     padding: 1px 1px;     overflow-x: auto } #initiativewindow ul li {     padding: 1px; } #initiativewindow ul li {     min-height: 15px } #initiativewindow ul li img {     max-width: 20px;     max-height: 18px; } #initiativewindow ul li span.initiative {     font-size: 18px;     padding: 1px;     min-height: 12px } #initiativewindow ul li span.name {     font-size: 14px;     padding-top: 1px } #initiativewindow input {     font-size: 12px;     height: 12px; } .ui-dialog-titlebar {     padding: 1px 5px;     font-size: 8px; } .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-title {     margin-top: 1px;     margin-bottom: 1px;     padding: 1px } .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar-close {     top: 50%;     width: 19px;     margin: -10px 0 0 0;     padding: 1px;     height: 6px;     font-size: 7px;     line-height: 7.5px; } .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar-close span {     display: block;     margin: 1px;     text-indent: 9999px } .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-buttonpane {     border-width: 1px 0 0 0;     margin: .05em 0 0 0;     background-color: #f5f5f5;     padding: 1px 10px 1px; } .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-buttonpane button {     margin: .05em .04em .05em 0; } To be honest, that might be more code than is strictly necessary, but it works. :)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .