Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

An 'external' API

It would be very helpful to me if there was some form of API to access roll20 itself, rather than the 'internal' API in game. For example, I would love it if i could write my 'internal' API scripts in an editor I am comfortable in, using tools i am comfortable with and have a build script upload it into my campaign.  I would also find it really useful for managing items in the journal, especially when I have a lot of information to insert, it can get tedious to create a new handout, copy/paste the info, save, create another handout etc. I'm sure there are plenty more uses people could find for this, not to mention integrations with other tools that would take running games on roll20 to the next level
I agree. I would love this for creating plugins for our OBS stream, website stat integration, etc
Is there any reason why this couldn't be achieved indirectly with a script and a browser extension/plugin?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cyberspark said: Is there any reason why this couldn't be achieved indirectly with a script and a browser extension/plugin? That actually works pretty well, I've Proof of Concept'ed it in the past.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .