Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] FATE CORE Fantasy?

Hi there! I've dm'd for a long long time! BUT I DON'T WANT TO RIGHT NOW. The FATE community here is a lil limited when you compare it to the more popular systems like 3.5, path, or 5e. I really wanna play some classic FATE set in a magical fantasy elves and magic and all the classical bollocks. <3 Like... playing dnd but totally not. Is there anyone looking for someone that wants just that? Pleaaaase? Lemme know. -Mint
I do love me some Fate. I've had hit or miss success with Fate Fantasy in general, though I'm always up to give it a try. Tangentially, have you ever tried dungeon world? it often scratches that "rules light, narrativist" itch almost as well as fate, but I think does the d&d style adventure a little more consistanly (not necessarily better). At least for me.
Huh. I haven't tried actually. I might give that a go. I just like fate because I can do literally whatever. Like have a psychotic clown juggler healer. If done right I mean.
Which of the 5000 Fate magic systems will you use?
Yeah, the "Sure, why not?" aspect (heh) of Fate is a strong draw. One of my favorite things about the system, if I'm being honest. That said, sometimes the openness of the system can make it more difficult to emulate certain genre elements without fairly substantial modification. I enjoy that, I like hacking fate. I enjoy systems design. But that doesn't mean it isn't sometimes easier to go for something designed from the ground up for what you're trying to do. =P
I'm interested, I've never played this though, I'm experienced with DND, Savage Worlds, Dark Hearsay, Vampire masquerade, and I've been doing this for 12+ years, I was away for a bit until this year from role playing, and I'm looking to refine my role playing skills once again, and I think this system from I've read is very universal and you can create anything within the setting, (basically the character makes sense in the time frame) But, I'm going to have to be given a quick rundown on everything (I'm a fast learner) 
Mr. Byrd, fortunately, fate is absurdly easy to pick up if you can wrap your head around the narrativist (rather than simulationist) nature of the game. Almost everything you need to know to play will fit on a bookmark (literally, I own a couple of them). You can pick up a pdf of the rulebook for free from Evil Hat.
Sounds good, that's how I like it, simple and a brief read. I'm interested in what backstory this will have, what era, etc, as well. I'll check out the rule book sometime tonight.

Edited 1474981306
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
I might be interested in joining such a game because I haven't played FATE yet. My timezone is GMT+2 and I'm available on most weekday evenings.

Edited 1474999842
I'm available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Sunday's. My timezone is EST
Uhhh if it wasn't clear I wanted to play ; - ; not dm if that wasn't certain.
I know but, if we can get players to commit, we will likely pick up a GM faster than not having an estiblished group. 
Fate works well with rotating GMs too...
If you figure out some basic "always on" rules, FATE works well even without a GM.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
depending on game time and what sort of "fantasy setting" i could GM a few sessions , i have run many a fate game mostly cobbled together ideas from various source books Rob
Something classic! Old school! That you'd see on tv! No massive twists, just a classic heroic tale. A wise older mage stops you at the inn. "I need the stone of Gamagorath, Located in the Glen of the Ancients, through the Brook of The Guy That Lies a Lot and the Lion's Desert." Yadda to yadda.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello, Did this ever get off the ground? /Matt
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Did this ever get off the ground? /Matt