Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Soundcloud Not Working

Music in the jukebox is not working as it isn't playing any music and clicking the links take you to a JSON Text error. Please help or fix?
Having the same issues here with my group currently... good to know that we're not the only ones.
It very weird. I did all the normal tricks like clearing the cache and history files. Only the tabletop audio stuff works, but that isn't what I need to play. :(

Edited 1474854323
It seems there are connection issues between soundcloud and roll20, our songs play perfectly fine in souncloud but our game is totally silent :(
Hey there, this is also happening to me.  My game starts in 15 minutes, I hope it's fixed soon!! :(
Happening in our game also
This is an issue in all my games.
Same here as well
Ditto.
Ditto.
Same
I can confirm this as well
Can confirm here, same thing. Any GET requests to the SoundCloud API are responding with a 401 Unauthorized. This happens with any browser I try.
Same issue

Edited 1474856634
Also having this issue, and I cant hear any music in my friends games either. I also get this error when I try to follow the soundcloud link JSON::ParserError: A JSON text must at least contain two octets!
Same issue :-(
Yeah, songs are busted in my game as well. did R20 roll out some new tech recently? That might've caused it.
Yup, its all brokeded

Edited 1474857161
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're aware of the issue. It appears to be a problem on SoundCloud's side. The issue is currently out of our control. However, we're following up on the problem and will provide more information as it becomes available.

Edited 1474857180
Well... So much for music right now. "JSON::ParserError: A JSON text must at least contain two octets!" You are a horrid creature.
Steve K. said: We're aware of the issue. It appears to be a problem on SoundCloud's side. The issue is currently out of our control. However, we're following up on the problem and will provide more information as we have it. Thanks for the response =^D. That is unfortunate though.
We got a reply at least, hopefuly this will get fixed soon, thanks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've been notified of a change to Roll20's access to the SoundCloud API. More information to follow tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvienance. 
Steve K. said: We've been notified of a change to Roll20's access to the SoundCloud API. More information to follow tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvienance.  Oh God. That's terrifying... did we do something to upset the staff over there?
Steve K. said: We've been notified of a change to Roll20's access to the SoundCloud API. More information to follow tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvienance.  Noted. Thanks for the update and relatively quick response!
I have a game tomorrow night. Hope it gets sorted out by then. Thanks for being on top of these things :)
Would this also be an issue when trying to add tracks? Because I am unable to find tracks through soundcloud
Just to remind people, Tabletop audio is still working while they fix sound cloud. It might not have everything you're after, but if you need some background / ambient music for your game, it does have plenty of good options to choose from. Hopefully Soundcloud will be back tomorrow.
Steve K. said: We've been notified of a change to Roll20's access to the SoundCloud API. More information to follow tomorrow. We apologize for the inconvienance.  Thanks for the quick response. You guys rock!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
More information .