Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF Mutants and Masterminds

Hello all I recently got the itch to play some superhero themed game. I am inexperienced in M&M but to have the core book and have been learning the creation part. Nearly got it figured out but would still like some things explained. I haven't play tested any combat or such things so you get yourself a fresh faced role player who is willing to learn and commit to games with new ideas and tokens. It will be my first time playing M&M and hope to get into a game of friendly people and a GM with a well detailed fun story arc with twists and turns for us all to gasp at :) I have been creating characters with different dynamics and themes to them all, and at lower power levels in case a game isn't set at 10. I am in the UK (So GMT time zone). Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays are all free and can play any time after 8PM and end at very AM as I don't mind staying up late. I proffer Skye as the means to talk but i'm ok with using TS, or Discord at a push. If you need to contact me feel free to send a message but I don't mind giving my Skype to you after the initial contact message for easy chatting :)

Edited 1474998820
I'm in the states so as long as we can coordinate the times, I'm down to play this. (I'm a night owl) So if anyone else would like to form a new group, I would be interested in playing. I'm sure we can find a GM eventually that knows the campiagn. I'm open on Thursdays. 
I'd love to play Mutants as long as I can basically be Gambit.
I'm interested in trying out a character I put together a while ago for a Savage Worlds: Super Hero's. So I really would like to get into a group that is playing something with super powers/ meta humans. 
I know breifly the rules but I don't wanna gm I don't have the stamina...

Edited 1475009861
Well, with me, you, and the original poster, that is three players. We only need one more and a GM, and date/time to play. It's a 5 hour difference between me and Rose, so if we could play at 7-pm my time, it would be 12 their time. That isn't too late considering Rose stated he/she was a night owl as well. A couple of hours in a campaign wouldn't keep her/him up past 3-am. 
Would proffer a start earlier than midnight, then the game could go longer but I could manage the 12 start if it truly couldn't be before it. I'm still trying to figure out all the gadgets, powers and equipment builds. So i'm good to start now, or at a later date. Would proffer sooner rather than later. But just gives me more time to learn the rules. 
i built a char for a game that never got started, althoguh not the most famialar with system
I'm EST as I'm writing this it's 9pm
I have a few characters in mind with tokens to represent them. But it isn't easy to find superhero art that isn't already a well known person from various sources haha.
So who is running this game?
There's no game I asked to join one.
We're just hoping someone run it.
Alright, who is serious about committing to the game? If we can get four players, we can create the room, and then advertise for a GM.
Also, need time zones, and game day/time slot, I'm not open on Tuesday or Saturday. 
Me! Day: Any time sept Thursday tomorrow(possibly Thursday at all) Timezone: Eastern Specific Time.
Well I would love to join but I'd rather play in the weekend or in fridays. Also, what are your expectations? Do you want a street-level game where most npcs are just normal people or a crazy cosmic-tier game where we casually go to the Fourth Dimension and beat Shazam, the Master of Reflection, while he is preparing to ascend into a new order of being and become the ultimate lifeform of the Fourth Dimension?
Personally for me I just wanna throw magically charged cards and kick your butt not too picky with anything but doing that. (though story focus is good I consider Court of Owls first comic to be very story oriented but a hero comic nonetheless)
For  Mr.Byrd I've already posted days and times I can do in the original post. Sorry I can't do other days as I am already in some games on roll20. Suppose that does show my commitment to showing up to games and enthusiasm for role playing. But it does limit my days and times haha. Towards  Ron Whiskey . My personal preference would be more along street level game as i'm not one for Dimension jumping (or knowledge). But the odd trip in wouldn't hurt a story aka some mystical guy/gal (Dr Strange) asks for help and you aid the person in his endeavors. If you want a secret identity and fight street thugs that's cool but i'm pretty sure they would need to be more Spiderman villains, or Batman's level crazies to put up much of a challenge. Maybe a nice in between? Maybe X-Men style. As they deal with social stigma, plenty of enemies of varying levels of power/influence/goals/locations. Over all I love the some chances to develop beyond just powers and fighting. RP has always been a big appeal in games for me, and to expand my characters with some nice side humor or something is needed in games for me :) 
I've really been wanting to play something in the superhero genre for a while now but haven't had any luck finding a group that didn't fill up or fall apart. So if you guys happen to find a GM and still have room, I'd definitely be interested in a spot. I have a bunch of unused character concepts rattling around in my head and I'd love a chance to play one. As for timezone stuff, I'm PST based but my schedule is currently rather flexible -- Monday and Friday are the only days that don't work for me.
Well, Thursdays I'm free so if everyone could agree to that, and agree to committing to playing the game, we could start looking for a GM.
Seeing as we have people who can play both in the weekend and in tuesdays and thursdays, we could opt to make a open world setting.
Thrusday evening or days? I just finish a game a half hour ago
I agree we could do a open world setting, that way anyone else wanted to join we would have room, I would prefer Thursday evenings myself. 
I can do Thursdays Mr. Byrd, i think I spotted a few others that could. Would have to figure out time zone differences but sounds good to me :)
id love to join as a play too
I do like what I hear but i'm not a smart person in real life. Education aside i'm just a bit thick, and even though problem solving can be done with the group I know I would get bummed if it happened to often. Story it one thing, overly complicated schematic diagrams and planning sessions to get past security, coordinating troupes/people, numerical puzzles(that should be done with a int roll rather than making the players figure it out), basically anything tactical/intellectual is a brain fart for me. I just have no head for it. Throw the odd one in for sure. But supers doing super things with recurring villains, good story and the chance to get some role play in would do me fine.  Power level 5-7? book says 10 is the normal, but I cant see why starting at 7 would be a problem. Whats your take on aliens/magic(mysticism)/future tech. Or do you proffer mutants like x-men. 
Well I can't do Tuesdays because I have another game that night. So I'm out unfortunately, thanks for the oppertunity though. 

Edited 1475455408
Unfortunately, the premise/setting didn't really fit the kind of game I was looking for, so I decided to give it a pass. I guess I'll just have to keep searching. Best of luck with your game.
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the heads up.