Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [LFGM] Trying to put together a Friday Evening MASKS game

Hey, my name is Cody R. long time Roll20 user both as a player and as a GM. I'm looking to get a group together to play MASKS a fairly new game in the Apocalypse World tradition, where you play young teenage heroes in a city where heroics and crazy comic shenanigans are the norm and you try and find your identity in this crazy world.  I'm looking to be a PLAYER and am looking for a GROUP and a GM for Friday evenings, sometime after 5pm CST. If we can get a group together then hopefully we'll be able to have fun playing young teenage heroes :)  If anyone is interested post here and let me know if you're looking to play or GM  I'm also going to post something similar in Mask Google + group to expedite the process and hopefully find a GM with some experience. 
I'd love to get a chance to play it a bit. I enjoy GMing PbtA games, but this one has some unusual mechanics I'd really like to see in play before I'd feel comfortable running it, so I guess player for now open to rotating GMing later?
I'm interested never played a superhero esk game like this so as a a newbie I'd be looking to play :3
I'd be willing to GM it I guess, I understand it on a mechanical level, but I have so many cool character Ideas I really want to play instead of GM but if it comes down to it I'll GM 
That's what NPCs are for :). What time on Friday evenings? I'm pretty good with Masks so I could help you with the mechanics as needed, or run a sample session to show how everything fits together.

Edited 1475213464
I'm interested. What time are you looking to do this on Friday evenings? 

Edited 1475216526
Golden B. said: That's what NPCs are for :). What time on Friday evenings? I'm pretty good with Masks so I could help you with the mechanics as needed, or run a sample session to show how everything fits together. Not the same thing honestly, but the time I'm thinking of depends on what everyone wants, but I'd prefer 6pm CST, 7pm EST 4pm PST, but it's flexible,  is anyone interested in GMIng by the way? I'm getting some mixed signals and am trying to get straight while I plan this. We could do a rotating GM system as well if people are up for that but I don't mind GMing it as well.  
 I have gmed other PbtA games before, I might be willing to give the rotating GM thing a try but I would prefer to be a player.
I'll get a group started now, and invite everyone and see if anyone (like a full time GM) responds, otherwise we can do rotating GM after each Arc, and I would gladly go first since I'm putting the group together. 
Send the invite, although I'd love to start a bit earlier (and finish by 7:30PM PST.)
I'm curious about the Masks system and I'd love to join as a player if possible.
I actually backed the MASKS kickstarter and have the official pdfs now -- I would love to be a player! (I don't have any GM experience unfortunately) I've been playing Dungeon World and loved the type of system and really love the way you can change people's nature by holding influence over them. I'm on the West Coast, so 5pm PST (7pm CST) would work best for me. If I really needed, I could probably push that up one hour. Thanks!